Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Retailers Ripping Off Shooters

I've been trying to get some of the local Deputies more involved with shooting and hopefully interested in USPSA. A couple of them have taken their lunch break with me at the range. One of them called me yesterday in a panic and said that ammo prices had gone up $8 per box since last week and the salesman told him prices were going up again next week! That particular Deputy dropped $1,500 yesterday and bought every box of .40 and .45 they had!

That information made me panic a little too, so I emailed Danny at Atlanta Arms and Ammo to see if my last price was still valid. I also explained why I was asking. AAA's price is still $240.00 per thousand for factory reloaded .40s :cheers:

I realize that there is a difference between factory loads and factory reloads, but I still think it sucks that these local retailers are taking advantage of our current situation :closedeyes:

Wouldnt it have been better for that deputy to drop $1500 on a new Dillon 650, and a couple thousand primers/powder/bullets ???

That is what I was thinking as well I am still loading around .25 to .29 per round for 40 and .20 - .23 per round for 9MM

Wow, your are not kidding. I had some time to kill, so i strolled through the local Gander mountain, looking for bargains. I dont think i have purchased ammo in about 5 years, but the prices are crazy. They wanted $28 for a box of heavy shotgun shells, and this was their special. . Fed AE 223 was almost $14 a box of 20. I remember seeing these for about $5.00 not very long ago.

Edited by waxman

the last .223 i bought was in nov. 08. i paid $279 a thousand from http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm it has gone up to $300 since then, if he has any.

primers have gone up from $95 thousand to $125 since last year. the problem is just tring to find some.

since nov. 08...i thought it would be nice to get an AK-47 since i never owned one. the demand has gone up on these puppies, too. i'll just wait.

lynn

I've been trying to get some of the local Deputies more involved with shooting and hopefully interested in USPSA. A couple of them have taken their lunch break with me at the range. One of them called me yesterday in a panic and said that ammo prices had gone up $8 per box since last week and the salesman told him prices were going up again next week! That particular Deputy dropped $1,500 yesterday and bought every box of .40 and .45 they had!

That information made me panic a little too, so I emailed Danny at Atlanta Arms and Ammo to see if my last price was still valid. I also explained why I was asking. AAA's price is still $240.00 per thousand for factory reloaded .40s :cheers:

I realize that there is a difference between factory loads and factory reloads, but I still think it sucks that these local retailers are taking advantage of our current situation :closedeyes:

i checked here: http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/stor..._Auto_Ammo.html

they have some good prices on new .40 cal ammo.

they also, for now have some PMC .223 $399.99 per thousand

Wouldnt it have been better for that deputy to drop $1500 on a new Dillon 650, and a couple thousand primers/powder/bullets ???

That is what I was thinking as well I am still loading around .25 to .29 per round for 40 and .20 - .23 per round for 9MM

That tells me $240 per thousand is a pretty good price :cheers:

Wow, your are not kidding. I had some time to kill, so i strolled through the local Gander mountain, looking for bargains. I dont think i have purchased ammo in about 5 years, but the prices are crazy. They wanted $28 for a box of heavy shotgun shells, and this was their special. . Fed AE 223 was almost $14 a box of 20. I remember seeing these for about $5.00 not very long ago.

Gander Mountain is the retailer I'm referring to.

I've been in a Gander Mountain at least a dozen times, and I've never actually bought anything there. They have the absolute worst prices on ammo and guns.

I take that back .............. I think I once bought a Boresnake there. :rolleyes: