Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking of stocking an Electronic Scale

benos

Mainly because Dillon can barely keep the electronic scales in stock lately... I've been thinking of stocking an alternative electronic scale.

One possibility is one or both of PACT's scales, the BBK II ($90) or the DP Precision ($130). When I used to sell them, I don't remember many support issues with them.

And then I think I remember seeing a post somewhere, where someone said they bought some sort of reasonably priced electronic scale somewhere, and that they were very happy with it.

So any vibes or feedback would be appreciated.

be

After going through PACTs, Dillons, and RCBS scales through the years I tried the scales sold through Uniqetek and found them to be the most stable best qulaity scales out there for the price. They also have sufficient accuracy to do the kind of measuring we do. None of the others really do.

Well, I may be the cheapskate on the block, but I've not had a problem with my Frankford Arsenal micro scale. And I believe they now have a newer (better?) scale coming out.

Having said that, my friend has a Lyman digital scale and makes fun of mine, then I point out that his scale cost 4 times as much and he shuts up.

if i had the need (and the funds) i would buy the one from uniquetek. i like to have more accuracy than .1gn so i am now using a small jewelry scale the reads .05gn. it's ok but i still use the 'ol dillon beam for backup.

I really liked the BBK I owned. The only reason I got rid of it was I moved to an area with a ton of RF interference and I could not keep it zeroed.
I had a similar experience with the zero on the BBK. Had to re-zero quite often. When zeroed, it worked fine and I had cross cheked it with a balance and it was within 0.1.

Later,

Chuck

I had similar problems with my PACT. Due the sensitivity to RF and dirty wall power, I would not recommend it. YMMV

Brian... Lee is a good dude. We've spoken many times. I have the PACT scale (as part of the trickler system), but WHEN I buy a new scale it will be Lee's scale from UniqueTek. I'm fixing to go buy about six MORE of his powder bar micrometer kits too. :)

I started with a Pact electronic scale many years ago. I spent more time zeroing the damn thing than weighing charges when I wanted to. On top of that my son was (still is) an amateur radio operator. He would transmit and the scale would jump by a factor of ten. The zeroing problem would happen whether or not he was on the air. Nothing but frustration with it. I bought a Dillon and am using it tonight. Too bad they can't provide units. If a customer buys one and has problems such as Dave or does not discover the reason for the constant fluctuations it might reflect poorly on you Brian. I gave it away so if the new owner had problems (he did) he could toss it and not be pissed at me.

Some day I'll have to tell you about my sad tale of woe with a Pact chrono that I gave away also.

CYa,

Pat

+1 on the Uniqetek scale. Virtually no drift. Zeroed it when I first got it and have not had to zero since, in about 25 or so reloading sessions. Always within +/- 0.02 grains on the calibration weight.

After going through PACTs, Dillons, and RCBS scales through the years I tried the scales sold through Uniqetek and found them to be the most stable best qulaity scales out there for the price. They also have sufficient accuracy to do the kind of measuring we do. None of the others really do.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using a $40 digiweigh for years from Ebay and been very happy with it. My chronograph doesn't lie, and my Lyman 1200 seems to substatiate its results as well.

Accurate to with in .1 grain and cheaper than a beam scale, it's definitely a winner all around.