Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to rifle, need some instruction pointers

Are there any good DVD's out there on IPSC Rifle/3Gun Rifle thats any worth buying and studying?

I'm going to get my first rifle soon, and the only rifle experience is 500-1000 rounds of prone shooting at 200m with a HK G3.

I was thinking a good DVD or two might stop me from developing some nasty habits and wrongdoings. The only DVD I've found while searching is Matt Burketts AR-15 DVD, which I'm thinking of getting as well, especially since it covers maintenance and rifle setup as well as technique.

Thanks

Jostein

PS: Its going to be a JP CTR. Norway is very restricted on which rifles we can get, and my dealer can get Bushmasters and JP-CTR's so the choice was easy.

I am not running ANYONE down, but I think I would get Bennie Cooley's DVD over MAtt's it is a much more in depth study of rifle shooting....better yet get them both! KurtM

Dang...saw that at Dillon Precision last week and didn't pick it up. :wacko: I'll swing by tomorrow.

Jim

I am not running ANYONE down, but I think I would get Bennie Cooley's DVD over MAtt's it is a much more in depth study of rifle shooting....better yet get them both! KurtM

Dang...saw that at Dillon Precision last week and didn't pick it up. :wacko: I'll swing by tomorrow.

Jim

Jim,

If you buy it I'll split the cost with you if you give it to me after you watch it. If I can pry it out of your hands.

Kyle Lamb's "Green Eyes and Black Rifles" is a very good read, I finished it last night. Thats one that I can see re-reading every few months as a refresher. Plenty of no-nonsense stuff in there that made me say, more than once, "no kidding" and "yup, I can see that".

Have Burkettes vid on the rifle.... Even before I wanted to get serious with AR's I thought it was okay.

On ya'lls advice I will try out the Bennie Cooley vids. And not an hour ago I ordered the Magpul vid from Brownells (among other things... :devil: )

Kyle Lamb's "Green Eyes and Black Rifles" is a very good read, I finished it last night. Thats one that I can see re-reading every few months as a refresher. Plenty of no-nonsense stuff in there that made me say, more than once, "no kidding" and "yup, I can see that".

Have Burkettes vid on the rifle.... Even before I wanted to get serious with AR's I thought it was okay.

On ya'lls advice I will try out the Bennie Cooley vids. And not an hour ago I ordered the Magpul vid from Brownells (among other things... :devil: )

The Magpul DVD is very good. I've had it for over a month. It's more of a tactical DVD but there are alot of applications for 3 gun. The drills DVD (#3) has some good content. Chris Costa and Travis Haley really break things down well. I was very pleased and the cinematography is some of the best I have ever seen for a training DVD. It's badass on a 50 inch plasma. Cudos to Magpul, I wouldn't have expected anything less.

Now that I gave them a good plug I wish they would send me some free stuff.

ETA: Not sure about the ITAR stuff on this though. Magpul might not be exporting it overseas. Might want to check on that jostein

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

ETA: Not sure about the ITAR stuff on this though. Magpul might not be exporting it overseas. Might want to check on that jostein

Chris C.

I can have stuff shipped to a NJ adress and they ship it on ;) Comes in very handy for a lot of shops that only takes US shipping addresses for one reason or another, not necessarily export limitations.

Getting my paycheck tomorrow so I'll be shopping for the book and a couple of DVD's. Really can't wait for the Norwegian government to get their fingers out of... umm... the gloves and get out the new approved gun list which contains the JP :)