Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rear Sights in the works

sinnsyk

Quick update on rear sight development progress..

A dog-earred adjustable target rear sight for Limited / Hunter / Limited Pro / Stock II (LPA cut) is in the works. It'll be made out of 4140 steel. All walking pin issues, elevation screw breaking/loosening, rear notch problems will be addressed. The dog-earred target rear sight will be priced at $75 and warrantied for life.

A fiber-optic rear target (!!!) sight for Limited / Hunter / Limited Pro / Stock II (LPA cut) will also be available at the same time. It'll come with green, red and yellow pre-cut fibers so you can put say green dots in the rear and red or yellow in the front or create whatever fiber color front/rear setup you wish. It'll be priced at $90 and also warrantied for life.

A serrated, fully adjustable target sight for Match / Stock (Novak cut) will be available. This means you can finally get a competition quality sight picture on your Match pistol. It'll be priced at $75 and warrantied for life.

All rear notch blades will be 0.110" opening to match the 0.090" front. If you want a wider rear, all these can be opened up. I will write up an article about different front/rear sight width combinations and the thoughts behind them.

I do get requests for a Tritium Night Sight setup for the Match and Stock models. As we get these first three sights finished up it will be fairly easy to get a night sight setup made based on the Match target sight. I will have to make a non-fiber solid front sight that we can install Tritium into.

I've signed up for Double Tap at the end of March. There is a definite chance I can get the dog-earred rear-sight ready by then. And that is my goal. Second match of the year for me will be Rocky Mountain 300 (5 stages, 60 rounds each... held in Ft. Collins, Colorado mid April). I tend to shoot my open gun for this match, but considering shooting it in Limited just because..

All phone calls and emails requesting products like good night sights are definitely heard as you can see. Hardluk1, you were the last person to ask me for them and the more people who do call or ask helps me realize the interest in them. For the Limited I doubt there will be much of a demand, but for the Match and Stock which many of you use for carry it'll be a great upgrade. As soon as we've got all the details figured out to make the target sights and they are completed, I will move on to night sights.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent news! Sign me up. I would just want to make sure that your new rear sight is very adjustable :-). With the iFiber front post on my 9mm Match, my factory rear adjustable has to be all the way up to keep from shooting low (now hits target covered by front post about an inch low at 7 yards).

See pic for elevation of rear factory Match site. At this height, the factory rear is not that stable and rather 'springy'

post-16180-1235598628_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you have this in the works. My limited's super sight self-destructed last weekend and I'd rather replace it with something sturdier. Please let me know when it's ready.

Glad you have this in the works. My limited's super sight self-destructed last weekend and I'd rather replace it with something sturdier. Please let me know when it's ready.

Did the pins break Nemo, thats what happened to mine.

Leo

• 4 weeks later...

Did the pins break Nemo, thats what happened to mine.

Leo

Sorry for the late response Leo. The actually the elevation screw flew away and for some reason the blade was lost also.

Updates on the sight Henning?

• 3 weeks later...

I have ended up drilling the .90 x 165 front site for installing a large diameter red insert in it andfilled all the edges down and round then raising the rear all it will go with some green locktight on it so it won't leave me and still holding the front site ontop of the rear site for 25 yard shooting and split the sed dot for 15yard. Ain't even gona try 50 yards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sinnsvk,

Any word on that new rear sight yet? Soon as it's ready I need a .090 thick fiberoptic front + the new rear sight and an ambi safety, just waiting on the rear sight!

omchamlin@verizon.net

Chris

Edited by OMCHamlin

If you want to get started, get the other parts now would be my recommendation. The rear sight is probably July. Drawings and everything is approved, just waiting on machining time on the rear sights.

Another project not mentioned so much here is the aftermarket barrels. With good help I am working on doing this right. Aftermarket barrels for all calibers will be made (bull barrel). It will require gunsmith fitting, but they will have a short chamber so you can chamber it to anything you want and also accomplish a tight chamber that doesn't blow out the cases like the factory chambers do. Calibers that can be made are: 9mm, 9x23, 357Sig, 38 Super, 40 S&W, 10mm, 45 ACP.

Another very interesting project that will take quite a bit of time, but will be appreciated ... are complete aftermarket conversion kits. After re-designing the barrel, we are talking about making a new slide/barrel design where the goal is to completely eliminate the barrel wear problems we are seeing today. It will have some very significant changes to the factory design. Here in the US, EAA isn't selling the complete conversion kits for 40 S&W and 38 super for the Elite Limited and Gold Team guns (except for the Match Conversion kits if you can get them).

With our conversion kit it will be possible to have a Limited, Match, Gold Team, Stock, Full Size Steel or Hunter model pistol in 9mm, 38 Super, 40 S&W, 10mm and 45 ACP. The aftermarket conversion kit will be made to eliminate barrel wear forever (that is the main motivation) and have the same competition top-end in any of these calibers for your gun. Many little tweaks will be made to upgrade the slide from factory spec.

But please be patient. I'm trying to keep you in the forefront of what's going on. Developing a barrel and slide combination that will blow the factory stuff off the map will take time. I've got good help on this project and we will be doing it the right way.

Another project not mentioned so much here is the aftermarket barrels. With good help I am working on doing this right. Aftermarket barrels for all calibers will be made (bull barrel). It will require gunsmith fitting, but they will have a short chamber so you can chamber it to anything you want and also accomplish a tight chamber that doesn't blow out the cases like the factory chambers do. Calibers that can be made are: 9mm, 9x23, 357Sig, 38 Super, 40 S&W, 10mm, 45 ACP.

Another very interesting project that will take quite a bit of time, but will be appreciated ... are complete aftermarket conversion kits. After re-designing the barrel, we are talking about making a new slide/barrel design where the goal is to completely eliminate the barrel wear problems we are seeing today. It will have some very significant changes to the factory design. Here in the US, EAA isn't selling the complete conversion kits for 40 S&W and 38 super for the Elite Limited and Gold Team guns (except for the Match Conversion kits if you can get them).

With our conversion kit it will be possible to have a Limited, Match, Gold Team, Stock, Full Size Steel or Hunter model pistol in 9mm, 38 Super, 40 S&W, 10mm and 45 ACP. The aftermarket conversion kit will be made to eliminate barrel wear forever (that is the main motivation) and have the same competition top-end in any of these calibers for your gun. Many little tweaks will be made to upgrade the slide from factory spec.

But please be patient. I'm trying to keep you in the forefront of what's going on. Developing a barrel and slide combination that will blow the factory stuff off the map will take time. I've got good help on this project and we will be doing it the right way.

Sounds good! Now if we can get some mags to run in some of them we will be good. :P

I'm looking forward to this one Henning... keep us informed.

JT

• 1 month later...

Henning: Do you sell the vertical elevation screw, big screw on top, for the Match factory adjustable rear sight? Mine flew off somewhere and now I need an alternative to duct tape . . .

And another plug for your rear sight when it's ready . . . .