Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New MS shooter

Rbelote

I have shot many deciplines in the past, but never uspsa. I shot my first match this past weekend, so I figured I would finally start to chime in after lurking around these forums for over a year. I was thinking of competeing in multiple divisions; how many of you shoot say limited and production or limited and open etc. ?

I have shot many deciplines in the past, but never uspsa. I shot my first match this past weekend, so I figured I would finally start to chime in after lurking around these forums for over a year. I was thinking of competeing in multiple divisions; how many of you shoot say limited and production or limited and open etc. ?

Welcome. Production here...only shoot Limited for a steel, 3-gun or other style match that doesn't recognize Production. My Limited rig is my same G34, but I'll use mags with Arrendondo +5 bases. For steel I stick with 11 rounds in the gun for consistency.

Curtis

What part of MS are you in? A lot of us shoot in Byram w/ Magnolia. Would be happy to see you out there!

As for me.... Production. More like what I really carry and keeps it simple. (I'm a simple type person) ha!

Lots of great folks in that division, as well as others.

:cheers:

I shoot production, Limited/L10, and single stack. I shoot Glock for Prod, Lim/L10 and I shoot my 1911 for singlestack/L10. Switching between grip angles is kind of a pain. This year I am going to mainly shoot my 1911 since I am on the hunt for a fat free 6" limited gun.

Welcome to the forums, Rbelote :cheers:

I found that it's basically shoot what ya got. If you have a production gun, you can usually shoot production and limited and L10 with minor scoring. Another combo is Single Stack and L10 with a .40 or .45.

Watch out for those guys in Byram. They are a crafty bunch :devil: However, if I could only shoot one match a year, it would be the Mississippi Classic. John and his crew put on a really great match.

fwiw

dj

Welcome to the fun !!!! :cheers::cheers:

While you're down there, make sure you say HI to the bunch in Byram for me.

Let's see, Multiple divisions......................

IF you want to, GO FOR IT !!!!!!

You will learn to be able to use them all, but if you really want to learn to shoot well. Stick with one. (I am shooting 4 right now) and that is why I'm not very good at any either !!! <_<<_<

Either way, Have fun. That is what it's all about. ;)

Hopalong

Have to agree with Hop. When I used to stick with Limited, it seemed like I got better. Now that I goof off in every division except SS, I'm still having fun but don't seem to be getting any better.

Of course, it could be that I used to practice :surprise: . That word is now foreign to me...

BTW - Not sure what part of MS you live in, but if you're ever in southeastern MS on a 2nd or 4th Saturday, we have a match just a few miles east of Leakesville in the edge of Alabama. It's a little over an hour from Hattiesburg. You'd be welcome to join us.

I will let them know hopalong. CHemepharmd, I live in the southwest corner, so I am a little far away. With your matches being on a saturday though I will try to make it over there every now and then. Have you shot in poplarville?

Well, technically, I've shot in Poplarville ;) . I grew up a few miles outside Poplarville (graduated high school in '92 & PRCC in '94) and moved to Mobile about 10 years ago. I haven't had the privilege of shooting one of the Poplarville matches, though. Several of our shooters go over there, and I've heard that they usually have a pretty good turnout (many times it is more than we have over here).

Production here! G17 for USPSA & Steel. I shoot in Byram with alot of the guys that have already replied. They are a great bunch! I've been kinda MIA for the past couple of months but "I'll Be Back!" next month, hopefully if work will let me! Hope to see you there!

I shoot with some of the Mississippi gang sometimes, everyone that I have met are good people. I mainly shoot L10 with my old single stack .45, but it is also my limited gun at three gun matches(I never claimed to be competitive). You can have fun in any of the divisions though. Just find a gun that you like to shoot and have fun.

Hurley

I shoot with some of the Mississippi gang sometimes, everyone that I have met are good people.

Hurley

Guess I left that part out. Yes, the MS guys are a great group. We enjoy seeing them at the MS Classic every year (and any other match where we might run into them). Beware of Bwana, though. He'll slip up behind you and rope you into revolver if you let him ;) .

Edited by chemepharmd

Welcome to the forum Rob. Since you have been lurking for a while you know by now that there is good information in many different disciplines here. In addition, a question will generate sincere responses and can solve many problems when starting in something new.

Our first Action Pistol match in Amite County is March 28, hope to see you then.