Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Tim Daugherty Memorial Toys for Tots Match

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 of the 7 stages are set-up. We'll set up the last stage tomorrow (I had 20 volunteers on the range this morning!! :rolleyes: Thanks Linda!!).

I apologize for not getting the stages posted. I have been swamped with work and just did not have a chance to post them. We will shoot rain or shine. I just saw a report calling for 20% chance of rain Saturday, mostly in the afternoon. So, hopefully we can "dodge that bullet."

So far, we will be giving 2 guns away (a Mossberg Rifle and a glock Certificate). Sam Conway will not be able to make it to the match Saturday. But he will call me with the name of the winner of the American Shooters Edge Match Challenge Drawing.

I will continue listing our sponsors as they sign on. Please remember to thank them for their support and generosity in support of this charity event. Also, if you or anyone you know would like to sponsor the match, please let me know.

11/19/09 - So far, we have the following sponsors:

Mossberg Firearms

SV

Chris Paty Winning Shooting Supplies

Redding Reloading

Protechco - Manny Bragg

GTUL

USPSA

Brownells

Ironmind

Red Dot Shooting

Sons Of Nemo

Glock

Wislon Combat

Zero Bullets

Target Barn

Starline Brass

Mid-Carolina Rifle Club (donating a Glock Certificate)

American Shooters Edge

Blackhawk Products Group

Techwear

I will be adding more as they come in. See you soon.

6 of the 7 stages are set-up. We'll set up the last stage tomorrow (I had 20 volunteers on the range this morning!! :rolleyes: Thanks Linda!!).

Is the round count still about 180? I plan on bringing about 400 rounds, but I was curious to know how many to expect to use (minimum). :blush:

Is the round count still about 180? I plan on bringing about 400 rounds, but I was curious to know how many to expect to use (minimum). :blush:

If I recall correctly, the round count is either 187 or 197. Sorry, I am a little brain dead right now.

One thing I recommend (a little trick I use for hunting) - I buy the ThermaCare back heat packs for shooting and hunting in cold weather. It is a chemical heat pack (like the hand warmers) that you put at your mid-section. They have two kinds - one that you can stick on a shirt or another that has a gauze belt that wraps around your mid-section. This does wonders at keeping your core warm. I keep them with all of my hunting gear. ;) They work for about 10 hours.

See y'all Saturday.

Oooooo.....I just looked at the forecast for the match. I'll have a reason to break out my Under Armour Coldgear! Yea!!!! :D

I would wear gloves, but I figure the heat coming off of my revolver will keep them warm. :lol: Time to bring out the heavy loads!!!!

OK. Stages are done. I think everything is ready.

I am going to post pictures of the stages on Facebook shortly - I don't have any other place to post them right now. If you are on FB, go to the 8th Annual Tim Daughery Toys for Tots Memorial Pistal Match.

Look forward to seeing everyone in the morning.

Sadly something has come up and I am not going to make it.

You guys enjoy

Bummer..............but on the other hand my chances in Revolver are looking better :goof:

BTW, are your December Steel scores in Ltd with the Revo? Or did you actually shoot a bottom feeder? Either way the scores looked good.

What a way to end the year. Last weekend FB3G and today Toys for Tots at MidCarolina. Linda, Jack,Donnie, Tom, Julie,Mike and all the range staff you really out did yourselves this year. Every stage was a joy and challenging.

Why ya'll even had the rain hold off until we were through. It just doesn't get any better. :cheers:

Well, I have had my steak and a few beers. I think I have thawed out... :wacko: So, I will provide a report:

Another one is in the books. Thanks to everyone who braved the weather - we actually got lucky. We had a total of 90 competitors. We raised $3045 at the match and collected a total of 152 toys. Linda has approx $800 in donations to add to the amount collected at the match for a total of $3845.00. The # of toys and cash were down this year probably because of the lower attendance #s. Again, thanks to everyone who supported this cause and thanks to the Marines of the 4th LAR for running the program in S.C.

Here are the Match Winners that I can remember:

Open - Clint Upchurch

LTD - Dewey Hutson

L!0 - James Smith

Production - Tod Litt

Revolver - Devon Penrod

SS - Paul Hendrix

Our Sponsors:

Mossberg Firearms

SV

Chris Paty Winning Shooting Supplies

Redding Reloading

Protechco - Manny Bragg

GTUL

USPSA

Brownells

Ironmind

Red Dot Shooting

Sons Of Nemo

Glock

Wilson Combat

Zero Bullets

Target Barn

Starline Brass

Mid-Carolina Rifle Club (donating a Glock Certificate)

American Shooters Edge

Blackhawk Products Group

Techwear

American Shooters Edge

Millenium Custom

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take a moment to thank our sponsors. :cheers: They were very generous in these tough economic times.

I also want to recognize all of my volunteers from Mid-Carolina Rifle Club. They helped set-up, they helped run the stages, and they helped tear down the stages after the match. Everything was cleaned up and stored by 4:00 p.m....just as it started raining...In the past, I had to be at the range first thing Sunday morning to clean up. These guys are great! :cheers:

One final note - Sam Conway could not make the match so he told me that he would email me the name of the winner of the American Shooters Edge Match Challenge - so I could announce it at the match. We wrapped up the awards and Lee King asked me if I had announced the winner....I had completelhy forgotten. :blush: I pulled out my Blackberry and there was Sam's email...I couldn't believe it....I handed my Blackberry to Lee so that he could read the email with HIS NAME listed as the winner!!!!! How cool is that! Hats of to Sam for such a cool program. Sam had over 110 shooters sign up for the Challenge, with over 700 entries in the drawing. I hope he conitnues it next year! :cheers:

I hope everyone made it home safe and I hope y'all have a great Christmas! Please remember the men and women (and their families) serving in our military during this holiday season. Thanks again!

Edited by Jack Suber

The amount of work that the gals and guys at Mid Carolina put into the matches really pay off for those lucky enough to attend. The planning and work that goes into setting up stages of that quality is incredible.

I know most people think that getting results and awards out is easy "because the computer does all that", but I had the pleasure of getting to watch Linda and Julie do an awesome job of managing volunteer help with little to no experience.

Thankfully I'm close enough to benefit from all of their hard work most every month (yes, their monthly matches are that good, too).

I had a great time at a great match for such a great cause. I'm lucky to have attended for the last several years. its a don't miss match in my book and the perfect end to a season of shooting.

Thanks To All That Made It Possible!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!

One final note - Sam Conway could not make the match so he told me that he would email me the name of the winner of the American Shooters Edge Match Challenge - so I could announce it at the match. We wrapped up the awards and Lee King asked me if I had announced the winner....I had completelhy forgotten. :blush: I pulled out my Blackberry and there was Sam's email...I couldn't believe it....I handed my Blackberry to Lee so that he could read the email with HIS NAME listed as the winner!!!!! How cool is that! Hats of to Sam for such a cool program. Sam had over 110 shooters sign up for the Challenge, with over 700 entries in the drawing. I hope he conitnues it next year! :cheers:

:blush: HUGE Thanks to Sam for holding the match challenge. I think they heard me yell downtown when Jack showed me the e-mail!