Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new V12 Vader edition

zzaphod

Heres my Vader edition of the V12..

:D

Ionbonded in black, removed checkering on the grip and a slightly enlarged ejection port, unfortunately the black grips where sold out right now but they will arrive soon...

Built to my specs by Henning and fine tuned by Fastgun engineering!

Did i mention that i like black?

Best regards, Peder

post-8822-1233601649_thumb.jpg

Edited by zzaphod

Ionbonded in black, removed checkering on the grip and a slightly enlarged ejection port, unfortunately the black grips where sold out right now but they will arrive soon...

Best regards, Peder

very nice!! I hope your gun works..my v12 is still at the factory wqiting for repair?

Looks good Peder

Leo/John had their fingers on this one and opened the ejection port, removed the front and rear checkering and polished this little sucker. Then I sent it to Rich before a single shot was fired. He went over the barrel fitting and relieved the lug so that it'll unlock differently. This is what Eric Grauffel does as well. Since even the factory is re-doing the barrel fitting on these V12's these days, we are hoping (and Peder knows) what Rich did will be a sustainable solution.

Somehow I guess it, I don't know how.

Nice gun.

Congrats!

Best regards, Peder

Dang, that's hawt...

Hello all,

Havent test fired it yet due to the fact that i moved recently, and havent had time to set up my reloading corner until now..

Yes, the barrel is also ionbonded, because of this i havent tried it with the ammo for my old open gun. I suspect that the gas pressure might be slightly higher due to the Ionbond so im going to load a 124 grains fmjrn partizan bullet starting with 9,5 grains of N105 and work my way up.

Before i shot an STI and never really came to terms with the grip size, this however fits like a glove so im hoping this gun vill effect my hit factor in a positive way! Thanks all for the positive feedback yall, its nice to now one is not alone as the only Tanfoglio kid on the block in a neighbourhood of 99% S*I's...

Adding a picture of the alteration made to the barrel, Henning can probably explain better!

Best regards, Peder

post-8822-1233648728_thumb.png

Hello all,

Havent test fired it yet due to the fact that i moved recently, and havent had time to set up my reloading corner until now..

Yes, the barrel is also ionbonded, because of this i havent tried it with the ammo for my old open gun. I suspect that the gas pressure might be slightly higher due to the Ionbond so im going to load a 124 grains fmjrn partizan bullet starting with 9,5 grains of N105 and work my way up.

Before i shot an STI and never really came to terms with the grip size, this however fits like a glove so im hoping this gun vill effect my hit factor in a positive way! Thanks all for the positive feedback yall, its nice to now one is not alone as the only Tanfoglio kid on the block in a neighbourhood of 99% S*I's...

Adding a picture of the alteration made to the barrel, Henning can probably explain better!

Best regards, Peder

Inspect the barrel lugs after you shoot every match and see if its shearing. Barrel hardness and slide was also an issue

besides poor barrel fitting on the new V12s. After this incident, it became a habit for me to inspect on all my guns after every match.

Hello all,

Best regards, Peder

Inspect the barrel lugs after you shoot every match and see if its shearing. Barrel hardness and slide was also an issue

besides poor barrel fitting on the new V12s. After this incident, it became a habit for me to inspect on all my guns after every match.

Ill certainly keep an eye on this!

Best regards, Peder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably wont be to much shooting right now, test fired ten rounds and already have shavings on the barrellugs.

Seems that i have the same problem as the other V12's despite the adjustment to the barrel..

Suppose ill just have to wait untill Massimos boys send a replacement!

Best regards, Peder

P.S

The ten shots i fired worked flawless beside the lugs!

Edited by zzaphod

Probably wont be to much shooting right now, test fired ten rounds and already have shavings on the barrellugs.

Seems that i have the same problem as the other V12's despite the adjustment to the barrel..

Suppose ill just have to wait untill Massimos boys send a replacement!

Best regards, Peder

P.S

The ten shots i fired worked flawless beside the lugs!

OPTION:

1) For maybe less than $600.00 you can have an after market barrel and comp fitted to use it right away..it can probably be ready to use in less than 2 weeks!(assuming original slide is not damage) use V!2 slide.

2) FACTORY REPAIR. Waiting for factory will take MONTHS!! before you can enjoy

your TANS but it will be repaired for free.

I would personally have an extra barrel and comp made to use for lead in practice(no port holes)

Then, I would wait till EAA gets caght up in repair and send in the gun for a factory

repair. This way, I can enjoy my gun now (with extra barrel and comp) and use the

factory brand new top end for competition.

Edited by shooterbenedetto