Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Last year was the first time I shot summer blast.... it was such a fun match, I was really looking forward to it this year

Same here. Summer Blast was definitely on my list to shoot this summer.

Slav

Somebody(s) please step forward and take up the void.

I'm not even remotely qualified, but I could certainly name some local names.......but won't.

Just drop all the comercial side of things as in chasing sponsors (saving time for what really matters), and focus on 8 or more quality stages. Try and maintain level III status.

If match fee needs to be adjusted, so be it.

I know capable shooter/organizers are out there........

BB

The York Izaak Walton Legue Pistol club will host something to replace the Summer Blast on those dates. As the cancellation of the Summer Blast is new information for us as well, we do not at this time have definite plans for a replacement match. We will be considering various possibilities which may be an 8 stage USPSA match or possibly a Steel Challenge match.

We will post new information here once we decide on something.

The York Izaak Walton Legue Pistol club will host something to replace the Summer Blast on those dates. As the cancellation of the Summer Blast is new information for us as well, we do not at this time have definite plans for a replacement match. We will be considering various possibilities which may be an 8 stage USPSA match or possibly a Steel Challenge match.

You could always revive the Mid-Atlantic sectional on tha weekend..... :roflol:

What a wonderful idea. :cheers: It seems to me that even last year they had something "tentative" at York for a Mid-Atlantic Sectional, that never panned out.

Perhaps Alan Meek could suggest something in that regard. It would seem that bggest hurdle would be prize tables and sponsorships....that's where all the hard work is, and time is short to start now.

If shooters would be content with just a good match, with a teeshirt and a few odds and ends, maybe folks will step up.

What a wonderful idea. :cheers: It seems to me that even last year they had something "tentative" at York for a Mid-Atlantic Sectional, that never panned out.

Perhaps Alan Meek could suggest something in that regard. It would seem that bggest hurdle would be prize tables and sponsorships....that's where all the hard work is, and time is short to start now.

If shooters would be content with just a good match, with a teeshirt and a few odds and ends, maybe folks will step up.

We were looking into doing something at Guthsville but it just didn't come together. At the end of the day you need not only ranges, but experience and a dedicated staff. Both Larry and Linda have my sincere respect and appreciation for everything they do.

We were looking into doing something at Guthsville but it just didn't come together. At the end of the day you need not only ranges, but experience and a dedicated staff. Both Larry and Linda have my sincere respect and appreciation for everything they do.

That is problem getting enough help to set up and run and take down a match

Thank you Linda and Larry for all your hard work

The way things are going with the price of conponites going nuts and people wondering if there going to have a job I wonder how many matchs are going to be light on competaters this year :unsure:

Edited by g10mm

You could always ask the clubs from the Mid Atlantic Section to all design and staff a stage if it is hard to get enough help from York alone. I know that that was how a few Mid-Atl's were done in the past.