Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli loading port mods

bigbrowndog

Interesting photos, thanks for posting. Some questions though..Is the purpose for ease of loading, avoidance of cutting oneself while loading, comfort while loading? Are these done on a mill, dremel, hand file? Thanks again for posting... :rolleyes:

all of it was done by hand, file and sand paper. an end mill won't get the surfaces contoured and round.

the purpose is all the things you mentioned. Like all things that are good, it takes time and patience to get it done right.

Trapr

Again, the whole idea is to NOT have "corners" or straight edges. When you load WH, you are sliding your thumb across these edges and they can cut your thumb across the top of the knuckle. Yes you can open it up with a mill, but it takes elbow grease to soften and round the edges.

Trapr

Again, the whole idea is to NOT have "corners" or straight edges. When you load WH, you are sliding your thumb across these edges and they can cut your thumb across the top of the knuckle. Yes you can open it up with a mill, but it takes elbow grease to soften and round the edges.

Trapr

Yeah, but it takes a good amount of time off of making the bevels. Mine still needs a little work still, but it is a hell of a lot better than it was from the factory.

I want to add something to this.

I've done 4 or 5 M2's and I also found that the recess where the shell latch is located is so sharp the it was cutting the side of my thumb nail off. You have to drive the pin out that holds the latch in - WATCH THE SPRING - remove the latch (actually very simple) and then smooth off the edge of the recess where the latch lives. Just the edge closest to the loading port.

I want to add something to this.

I've done 4 or 5 M2's and I also found that the recess where the shell latch is located is so sharp the it was cutting the side of my thumb nail off. You have to drive the pin out that holds the latch in - WATCH THE SPRING - remove the latch (actually very simple) and then smooth off the edge of the recess where the latch lives. Just the edge closest to the loading port.

Basically take the thing down, and deburr the silly thing. :)