Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A duplicate of a post I just added to the USPSA forums:

The application for the 2009 Area 7 Championship is in www.uspsa7.org/2009A7.pdf

A note from Match Director Pete Goloski:

Dear Competitors,

The dinosaurs have risen and are walking on the ranges at Pathfinder Practical Shooters. Over the past several years, many people have approached me and other members of the old Miller/S&W Invitational crew and asked if we would reprise the match. A few months ago, Joe Cominolli, Mark Doneburgh, Larry Burlingame and I got together to explore the possibility of doing just that.

The first order of business was to contact Pathfinder F&G to see if it would be possible to hold a major match there. We have since entered into an agreement with Pathfinder which retains all of the positive aspects of our previous relationship and eliminates the problem areas. We have contacted USPSA Area 7 Director, Rob Boudrie and have secured rights to hold the 2009 Area 7 Championship in conjunction with this match. It will be held on August 6-9, 2009.

Our reasons for jumping back into the frying pan so to speak are many and varied. Many of us have often thought that we would like to hold some sort of “Reunion Match”. We all made so many friends and great memories at the old Miller/S&W. It would be nice to have the opportunity to get back together again. This match will definitely have a nostalgic flare. We are also looking forward to meeting many new friends and to showing them what the old match was like. I have even been told that the infamous ‘Rosa’ will once again show her ugly face at the match!

We also want to return to the philosophy that the match exists for the shooters. We will have the best prize table that we can set, and as in the past, we will take very good care of our Range Officers and workers. Over the years, many people from across the shooting spectrum have asked me to try to re-create this match using the match production values that made it so great. So, we are going to give it a try.

Please accept this invitation to come out and shoot out match. We are looking forward to seeing you.

Peter G. Goloski

Match Director

pgg16718@hotmail.com

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill be there! Looking forward to it. Im way to new at this to know anything about the old matches, but I'm sure it will be a great match. I would bet there will be several others comming down from Maine.

Shaun

I have been looking around online at firearm laws in New York. Is there an official site somewhere with accurate and up to date laws? I will be flying into Connecticut and making the trip to New York and want to make sure that the kids don't get to see daddy go away in handcuffs.

I have been looking around online at firearm laws in New York. Is there an official site somewhere with accurate and up to date laws? I will be flying into Connecticut and making the trip to New York and want to make sure that the kids don't get to see daddy go away in handcuffs.

The competition exemption is in NY penal code 265.10-13b and we have paperwork proving this is an officially recognized NRA match (referenced in the NY law). A copy of 265.20-13b will be sent with your match confirmation letter.

Hotel info at http://www.uspsa.org/forums/index.php?show...amp;#entry10512

The competition exemption is in NY penal code 265.10-13b and we have paperwork proving this is an officially recognized NRA match (referenced in the NY law). A copy of 265.20-13b will be sent with your match confirmation letter.

Does that competition exemption allow for the use of magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds? I plan on shooting Production,but I was just curious how that would affect the guys shooting in Limited and Open.

Edited by Rising Sight

1. Yes, Limited is recognized. We also don't require you to fill in your USPSA number on the application twice. Both errors on form have been corrected and a new application uploaded.

2. The non-resident exemption does not provide an exemption from the NY AW ban. NY defined a high capacity feeding device as one taking more than 10 rounds made after than magic date in 1994 (ie, very similar to the old federal law and the current MA law). Pre-ban mags are still OK.

rob

2. The non-resident exemption does not provide an exemption from the NY AW ban. NY defined a high capacity feeding device as one taking more than 10 rounds made after than magic date in 1994 (ie, very similar to the old federal law and the current MA law). Pre-ban mags are still OK.

rob

Sorry if I'm missing something or not reading correctly. I've never taken the gun through/into NY for a match.

I have a new Limited gun. I can 'say' that the mags have been around for 15 years, but they really haven't.

Does the competition exemption allow me to carry the gun and 20-round mags into NY and shoot them in the match (I'm assuming it does, I'd just like confirmation from somebody on that end)?

How does the gun have to be transported in my vehichle -- chamber empty, mags out, case locked, case not accessible to the driver without exiting the vehicle? Better to be in compliance ....

Thanks.

Does the competition exemption allow me to carry the gun and 20-round mags into NY and shoot them in the match (I'm assuming it does, I'd just like confirmation from somebody on that end)?

How does the gun have to be transported in my vehichle -- chamber empty, mags out, case locked, case not accessible to the driver without exiting the vehicle? Better to be in compliance ....

#1: Standard case/inaccessable and "opaque case" (I guess those transparent cases are dangereous), to be carried with the match program (ie, your confirmation letter). A copy of NY 265.20-13b will be provided with the confirmation letter sent to non-NY residents.

#2: There is no specific mention of mags in the exemption so the simple answer to your question is on that issue is no. NY law bans > 10 round mags made after the magic date in 1994, as does MA.

#2: There is no specific mention of mags in the exemption so the simple answer to your question is on that issue is no. NY law bans > 10 round mags made before the magic date in 1994, as does MA.

After

Mags of any capacity made before the date of the ban are perfectly legal.

Clarifying, truly not trying to be a smart azz (thanks to Rob for his patience in responding to the specifics of this for us out-of-stater's) ...

My Caspian mags hold 20 -- they can't cross state lines into NY (if I read all of the above correctly).

My XD mags hold 16 -- same as above?

I would need to obtain 10-round mags to shoot either gun in a NY match?

Do I understand this correctly?

Many thanks.