Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would this be a good buy? I'm a new shooter

JACKAL

Beautiful gun, and Chuck has a great reputation. I kind of wish I had started in Open, I think I would be at least where I am now and probably a bit ahead of where I am now. Limited is where I started. It really depends on you, and what you want to do. If you can afford what you want to do I say go for it, 99.9% of us are shooting for fun anyway so you might as well do what you want.

I want to start in Limited but seen this on another forum. Should I start in Open? I'm new to this.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&...88&t=617186

That's an interesting piece, but wouldn't be my choice. For the same money you can get a sweet Limited gun built just the way you want it, or you can probably find a great used gun and have enough left over to pay for a belt, holster, mag pouches, some mags etc or find a package on a used gun with all the gear to go with it.

i'd pass on that deal. the scope mount would have to be replaced, and you'd have to buy a scope. i think the gun is about $600 over priced.

jmo

lynn

+1

I'd pass it also. Think first what you want to shoot. Limited or open. Then look for those guns only. Here in Classifieds section are usually good ones for sale. Finally take your time to choose one.

That's going to be a nasty shooting open gun. Pass on it and wait for something else to turn up.

Why will it be nasty? I'm not disagreeing, just considering an open gun at some point and trying to learn as much as I can first.

Brad

That's going to be a nasty shooting open gun. Pass on it and wait for something else to turn up.

Why will it be nasty? I'm not disagreeing, just considering an open gun at some point and trying to learn as much as I can first.

No comp, only holes. The baffles in the comp are what makes an open gun shoot softer than a non-comp gun.

No comp, only holes. The baffles in the comp are what makes an open gun shoot softer than a non-comp gun.

I agree. I had a Tanfoglio with popple holes in it and it would give you a headache in 50 rounds. There is a couple of nice 38 supers in the classifieds for the same mony and they will be much better because they have comps. I'd pass.

I agree. I had a Tanfoglio with popple holes in it and it would give you a headache in 50 rounds. There is a couple of nice 38 supers in the classifieds for the same mony and they will be much better because they have comps. I'd pass.

Makes sense, and I might have figured it out if I had noticed that it doesn't have a comp. I'll pay more attention if/when I start shopping for an open gun.

I will agree with Matt on this being a bit nasty. Having said that, it's not just the baffles that do all the work. If it were, Magna-port would have been out of business years ago. Diverting any amount of gas pressure upwards, helps reduce muzzle rise and felt recoil. I have T/C Contender barrels that I put a lot of rounds through both before and after having them Magna-ported. Trust me, the difference was night and day. Just one of the simple reasons that a Glock 17c is not allowed in limited division.

With the lower power factor now in USPSA(I'm dating myself a bit), this gun may be a sweet shooting pistol. It's hard for me to say, not having shot a set up like this. It may be very nice, but I would rather have a true comp with baffles and expantion chambers.

I'm not an expert on this subject, but it's not my first rodeo either.

Technically that gun has a compensated barrel, the last couple chambers that are not round ported out of the top are compensator chambers and not hybrid ports. I think they call that the tribrid barrel. They are flat, they are pretty soft and they are extremely loud.

Towards your question about Llimited vs. Open I would consider what your eyesight is like. One of the major draws to Open is that if you have crappy eyesight Open makes shooting much, much less frustrating because of the dot. If you have good orbs the choice becomes more one of preference rather than quasi-necessity.

Towards your question about Llimited vs. Open I would consider what your eyesight is like. One of the major draws to Open is that if you have crappy eyesight Open makes shooting much, much less frustrating because of the dot. If you have good orbs the choice becomes more one of preference rather than quasi-necessity.

:cheers:

I remember when I USED to be able to see pretty well, and said I'd never go to an open gun! :roflol::roflol:

That's true, but we can't see down into the "comp". Are there any expantion chambers in there? Or are the holes just bigger and squared? I would love to give this gun a little dance, just to see how it feels.

I am pretty sure that barrel is a Schuemann Tribrid II. There are expansion chambers under the front square holes. I have a gun with that barrel and one with a EGW 8 port comp. TheT2 has more muzzle flip than the standard comp. An argument for the T2 is that you get less reciprocating mass and the gun cycles faster. This may have been debated elsewhere so do a search. One thing you will find is that you get away with more foot faults and stuff since the RO will be well behind you. Those things are LOUD. I have set car alarms off with that gun. All bets are off if you have to go into a barrel or small room.

My EGW shoots totally flat. I can't say which one is "better" since I have only recently had the T2 slide lightened so I have still to do a comparison. I can recommend that you double plug if you shoot that thing!

Later,

Chuck

PS: "Good Orbs?" :rolleyes: