Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Mississippi Classic

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And +10000000000000000000000000000 to all the sponsors that contributed to the prize table. It was amazing, best I have seen at a USPSA match. They must have given away 20-30 Shooters Connection bags, which Susan really wanted, but it wasn't in the draw for her. Guess I'm going to have to buy her one.

Thanks Sponsors for all your support!

Guess I should go ahead and see about changing my screen name to something like "Winder Likker" now......

Damn! That was you? I stood next to you guys during the awards and when I noticed the earring I thought, "He should be called Mr. Clean!"

*We'll see what we can do about the name thing for ya.

Yep, that was me. Nickname came from the look and definitely not the shooting ability! Bald Head... earrings.... not too many even remember the original Mr Clean on the old commercials. ha

Another round of thanks to John, all the staff and of course the vendors and sponsors. What a great match as usual. Squad 4 was a fantastic group to be a part of and all worked hard to paste and reset. It was good to meet those of you I did not know and look forward to shooting with you again. And I can not wait for next years match.

I would also add a big thank you to the Mississippi crew for putting an a very good match and having some real nice stages to shoot.

The boys from Indiana drove down, shot at a few things, hit a few things, missed a few more, managed to finish just outside of the being able to take plaques back with us, however none of us went away empty handed as we all grabbed something off the prize table thanks to the sponsors.

Had a nice sqaud and was able to shoot with a few of the Rudy Project guys from Texas (although I will not be going to Austin anytime soon with Don)

Well worth the drive........

Now if anyone finds a front sight over on stage 8, I lost it first thing Saturday morning and went without seeing it the rest of the match, hopefully I will figure out where it is and find it again before the next match I shoot!!!

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

Great match... it was a lot of fun, and we got to experience all sorts of Mississippi weather. It was nice meeting the Rudy boys, as well as the rest of squad 9. Don and I took a bunch of pictures with my camera, and I've posted the highlights at http://www.flickr.com/photos/msclassic09/ (stages 4, 3, 2, 1, 10, 9, 8 in that order)

We Indiana folks also learned a thing or two... such as the fact that there are armadillos in Mississippi :lol: Now to get an AR-15 to go with those PMags I won at the prize table...

And +10000000000000000000000000000 to all the sponsors that contributed to the prize table. It was amazing, best I have seen at a USPSA match. They must have given away 20-30 Shooters Connection bags, which Susan really wanted, but it wasn't in the draw for her. Guess I'm going to have to buy her one.

Thanks Sponsors for all your support!

I totally agree with Kgunz11 to all the sponsors, THANK YOU, and if i were you i would buy Susan that bag. As good as she shoots i wouldn't want to make her mad. :roflol:

Another big thanks to John, the crew, and the sponsors. It was a great match and I had lots of fun with squad 9. I'll definitely try to make it back for this match.

Edited by notasccrmom

Making her mad is not on my list of things to do in life. ;)

Maybe I'll use the money I won at the match to buy her a bag. :D

Maybe you could make some extra money for that bag modeling that lovely pink shirt you won.... :roflol:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. Like every year, there were some mistakes, a few things that I think we could have just done better, and a few things that I learned and will make notes on for next year, but overall I was very pleased with how the match went. We had a lot of vendors come through for us this year and it helped make the match in my opinion. I'll be writing them all to thank them personally over the next couple weeks. I think it's important that we let them know how much we appreciate their support of our fun.

Speaking of support, I'm really proud of how hard our staff worked to make everything come together like it did. It's amazing to me that there are actually people out there who are willing to freely devote so much of their time and energy to work nights and to setting up stages. They bust their butts for three days in scorching heat, torrential rains and mud, and winter chill (all in the same weekend?). Then when it's all over they get it all cleaned up and put away so it's ready to go again next time and they're on here thanking me for doing it to them. You people are all nuts but I love you anyway.

Finally, these are unofficial as far as USPSA is concerned, but some of the local guys like to look at a Combined Final results so they can see how they did against other divisions. I've put those results on our site at:

http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/

John

Thanks as well from a new shooter. I am from Biloxi only shot a couple local Alabama USPSA matches, fell in love, was told about a great match to go to right here in MS, jumped right in and continue to be impressed with the company of shooters and staff.

The help and advice from fellow shooters, the politeness of the RO's and general fun atmosphere has got me hooked.

For those of you who love this sport and want to see it grow and stay, keep up what you are doing here on this forum and others. I was a casual browser that made one post and Gregg W. answered my call, invited me to go shoot, gave me advise and BAM!, like some back alley drug dealer he gave me a sample of the drug, now I am strung out...reading everything, listening to everyone and wondering what matches I can make it to. I close my eyes and see swingers, clam shells and after MS Classic pressure plates! only to be awakened by breaking 180 rules and getting DQ'd. ( I was so paranoid of breaking a rule in my first big match, I could barely remember anything to shoot as I was telling my self "180, 180 and finger, finger" I am lucky I did not over look some targets! )

In summary, I'm from MS only fitting that my First Major is in MS and even better to be proud of what a match we have in MS. and now another shooter has invited me to go to TX and shoot there in a couple weeks...I'm going! gotta a lot of catching up to do.

Ger

PS Thanks for letting me tag along with Gregg on Friday so I could go to work on Sunday, not to mention I got to miss the weather :roflol:

My feet are wrecked, but I can't stop smiling! Great match. Like Boz said we got lucky and landed on a squad of really cool folks. The weather was actually pretty good to us. We had a little precip at times but other than a light sprinkle I don't think any of us ever had to actually shoot in the rain.

There were several stages that really intrigued me by how many solutions they presented. I love it when a walk-through looks like ants milling around at a picnic because there's so many different ways to shoot that stage.

Targets were sprayed with lacquer or something that made tham laugh at the rain, and the pasters loved sticking to that stuff. John (or somebody) please tell us what it was and how you applied it. It was wonderful not to have to shoot bagged or droopy-headed targets.

I made some new friends and got to put faces to a good many screen names here. That's an awesome weekend get-away!

I am not sure about what kind of lacquer that was used, but I will check with Matt Moorer, Mr. Fixit for the match. He came up with that idea back during the 2004 MS (monsoon) Classic. We have since always kept a couple of hundred targets stashed upstairs just in case. He brought out his compressor and sprayer and just sprayed the stuff on.

Works good doesn't it?

My feet are wrecked, but I can't stop smiling! Great match. Like Boz said we got lucky and landed on a squad of really cool folks. The weather was actually pretty good to us. We had a little precip at times but other than a light sprinkle I don't think any of us ever had to actually shoot in the rain.

There were several stages that really intrigued me by how many solutions they presented. I love it when a walk-through looks like ants milling around at a picnic because there's so many different ways to shoot that stage.

Targets were sprayed with lacquer or something that made tham laugh at the rain, and the pasters loved sticking to that stuff. John (or somebody) please tell us what it was and how you applied it. It was wonderful not to have to shoot bagged or droopy-headed targets.

I made some new friends and got to put faces to a good many screen names here. That's an awesome weekend get-away!

I am not sure about what kind of lacquer that was used, but I will check with Matt Moorer, Mr. Fixit for the match. He came up with that idea back during the 2004 MS (monsoon) Classic. We have since always kept a couple of hundred targets stashed upstairs just in case. He brought out his compressor and sprayer and just sprayed the stuff on.

Works good doesn't it?

Matt Moorer= "MattGyver" :rolleyes:

Great match... it was a lot of fun, and we got to experience all sorts of Mississippi weather. It was nice meeting the Rudy boys, as well as the rest of squad 9. Don and I took a bunch of pictures with my camera, and I've posted the highlights at http://www.flickr.com/photos/msclassic09/ (stages 4, 3, 2, 1, 10, 9, 8 in that order)

We Indiana folks also learned a thing or two... such as the fact that there are armadillos in Mississippi :lol: Now to get an AR-15 to go with those PMags I won at the prize table...

I am glad you guys enjoyed the match and hope you wiil be back next year and bring some friends. Your pix are incredible, although the ones on Stage Four really surprised me. I would have thought the glare off of my pasty white legs would have blinded your camera. I hope the trip was worth the effort. We will try and do better next year.

For all the other folks out there who shot our match, I just want to say a big THANK YOU! Besides coming down to support us and our sport you were great competitors. I have shot this match every year since it's inception, and been an RO for the last 12, and can honestly say that this year's shooters were the best. Every year in the past there has always been one or two squads that toward the end of the first day or the end of the match have just "hit the wall' and they are too tired or just not in the mood to paste and set the targets without prodding. This year that was not the case. By the time the RO on the clipboard had the shooter signed off, the targets were set and pasted and the next shooter waiting in the box on me. That is what I like. Thank you one and all for helping us make this another great Mississippi Classic. I hope that everyone will come back next year and bring a friend.

Pat DeBerry CRO Stage Four (Bwana Six-Gun)