Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

damaged package

ebg3

I ordered a case of 180gr Black Bullets and today it finally arrived...or I should say an empty shipping box arrived! The box was crushed in shipment and every bullet fell out along the way. I called Black Bullets HQ and they were apologetic and said they were sending out a new case. That's good service. I guess this post could be in what I like. I still have to wait though. :rolleyes:

I ordered a case of 180gr Black Bullets and today it finally arrived...or I should say an empty shipping box arrived! The box was crushed in shipment and every bullet fell out along the way. I called Black Bullets HQ and they were apologetic and said they were sending out a new case. That's good service. I guess this post could be in what I like. I still have to wait though. :rolleyes:

Had something similar like that happen once. I bought a flat rate box of brass. Guy sends it to me and when I get home I notice an exploded box on my porch. The SOB mail person that delivered it just dropped it on the porch and when he did it popped. I was picking brass out of my landscaping for weeks! He did the same thing next time but I guess he/she felt bad as they brought the boxes in a USPS platic tote and they exploded in there but where all contained :rolleyes:

I just a shipment of Black Bullets last week and the corner of the box had blown out. They put the box and the loose bullets in one of their totes for me but all they could do was whine and complain... "I think it weighs too much" "I'm not picking it up" "That box can't hold that much weight" "Its got to be overweight" Moan Moan and Groan. Come on folks that's your job. How do they get away with smashing so many packages???????????

And... it sounds like BBI might need to pack em better.

At least all of mine arrived here. Sorry to hear you got zero. Simply amazing.

Several of the companies I deal with won't ship more bullets unless you took insurance on the shipment.

Why should I have to pay for the incompetence of the packager and shipper. If they want to sell and not loose product, package it better. Montan Gold doesnt have this problem, and so do other companies. If the only way they will ship is with insurance then they just lost out.

I had the same problem with my Black Bullets, They came in a plastic bin with a little note from the Postmaster saying "sorry"

My USPS flat rate box had plywood in it. I think when USPS drops the package, the plywood rips throught the cardboard

<_< my post office is great, they delivered 75000 MG bullets a year ago to my house. The darn postal truck was almost dragging the bumper. they even had a 2 Wheeler to help get them to the door. I help and put all the rest on my own dolly.

No complaints & very help full form the postal guy. of all the boxes only one or two had a slite rubs on the corner.

Edited by AlamoShooter

I bet every person on this forum has a story about the post office. My latest debacle was trying to send an award to a shooter. I started in October and it cam back to me 4 times! The first time was my fault, I guess, because ONE number was wrong. After that, inexplicable. I had to pay postage 5 times. In the end the damn postage cost more than the plaque did.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my replacement case of Black Bullets in the mail today and guess what...this box had blown out too! I think all the bullets are there but I would not be surprised to be short. I sure hope BBI can get this shipping problem fixed. :angry2:

bet every person on this forum has a story about the post office.

A7 application sent to by PO box by EXPRESS MAIL - exactly 14 days to deliver.

Two 1911 slides shipped priority "2 day" mail to TX - 11 days.

USPS brags of 96% on time delivery of express next day guaranteed mail. I'll bet a Fedex manager who bragged that only 4% of the overnight packages shipped on his watch arrived late would have cause to fear for his job.

But, the USPS people are always very nice to deal with and I've never had one complain about the weight or try to say I have to pick it up at the post office.

I had the same problem with my Black Bullets, They came in a plastic bin with a little note from the Postmaster saying "sorry"

My USPS flat rate box had plywood in it. I think when USPS drops the package, the plywood rips throught the cardboard

Did it look something like this??? :mellow:

post-7595-1233026474_thumb.jpg

exactly like that

exactly like that

You have to pitty those guys to pick UP all of those bullets and put them in the USPS container.

I can only imaging the conversations... "why would someone nee......" "who in their right mind wou....."

:roflol:

Mine looked similar to the above package except the box was black where it had been shoved around. Some of these bullets have scratches and scrapes on them, evidently from a concrete floor when they spilled out everywhere.