Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking at the Limited Nationals stages and trying to decide where to spend my time the last few practice sessions. Did a little figuring (comes up to 98.5% don't know or care where the 1.5% went B) )and came up with the following:

41% of shots will be on wide open non moving targets

19% will be on no shoot covered targets

7.26% will be on us poppers

6.15% will be on swingers

5.59% will be on full A zone diagonal targets

3.9% will be on 1/2 A zone diagonal targets

3.9% will be on pepper poppers

3.35% will be on A zone only targets

2.23% will be on turners

1.67% will be on upper AB targets

1.67% will be on D hardcovered targets

1.19% will be on full A horizontal targets

1.19% will be on appearing targets

.5% will be on a 1/2 A zone diagonal target

9 of 16 stages have steel, 7 do not.

My first Nationals, can't wait.

...trying to decide where to spend my time the last few practice sessions.

Your list makes that decision kinda easy.

If you have trouble with wide open, non-moving targets, better work on that...it is 41% of the match.

Then, 19% have No-shoots...master that, then move to...

7.26% US poppers (and so on).

:) Nice breakdown, btw.

Jeez, you guys actually breakdown things like that? Very good info/tip, btw.

Thanks Nate. You just gave me another idea how to look at practice sessions when preparing for a match. That is, of course, it doesn't get changed very much after the RO's finish debugging it.

We shot the French National Standard last week end and I was squadded with Eric G.

Man, the kid is on fire, I knew he was a shooter with its open gun, but now, I truly believe he can win any match in Standard too :blink:

[no offense intended mode on ]

You guys should be ready for some serious a.. kicking ;)

Go Eric, go, we're all behind you :D

[no offense intended mode off]

;)

CGR, not too much time and only when I could not be shooting :lol: . It does seem to be a serious accuracy match. Also, I have been shooting a lot of swingers since area 1, I just can't get mine going as fast as the ones they seem to have in Bend! I had never shot a 20 yard swinger going like my wifes charge card at a sale before. Even T. Butler seemed to have a little trouble with them.

Julien, I think the kid is great. He should be very good at this match, but my money is on an older shooter who can combine patience with speed (pick one).

This is my first Nationals and I am just going to try and keep my pants dry. If you see a big athletic guy in a Montana Gold shirt shooting, I am the old fat guy hanging out with him :wacko: say hi. Nate

Erik,

your name-a-like is actually very likeable. Winner or not, go and talk to him, this time he's probably showing up... Any professional shooter will eventually be judged by how well he does in the US. He knows that...

--Detlef

Oh I have lots of respect for the guy, I'm just giving Julien a hard time. :D

Can't wait to see somebody named Eric kick ass with a Tanfoglio.

I hope I'm squadded next to the Super Squad so I can watch them when I should be taping and setting steel. ;)

You guys kill me, he wins the World shoot and you don't think he can handle pressure. The guy is for real, believe it. I shot with him in Florida at Frank's match and was impressed. Ask any of the top shooters what they think and if they are honest they will tell you they are worried about him.

You guys kill me, he wins the World shoot and you don't think he can handle pressure.  The guy is for real, believe it.

Julien en Bob, i am glad to read that the forum also has members that are realistic about Eric's status.

Eric is the worldchampion !

Greetings

Adrie

As for Eric, I actually shot against him this year at the Tropical Cup with his Standard gun. He is definitely a contender for the top Limited slot, but he's no shoe-in.

There are many people concerned about his appearance at the US Nationals this year, but most of the top guys don't really worry about anyone, even him. They know that if they shoot as good as they can with minimal mistakes, they'll win. It all comes down to who shoots the steel one-for-one with no mistakes. That's who wins. Eric, although not the fastest shooter out there, makes very few mistakes and hardly ever misses a piece of steel, so he's one of those guys. Then again, so is Taran B, Blake M, Dave S, Todd J, Travis T, Ron A, Rob L, Max M jr, Adam P, Jerry B, Mike V, and of course the 2003 Limited National Champion Phil S.

As for Open, my $ is on Eric G! Then again, his gun and ammo could get confiscated at the airport!

Phil S.

Wishful thinking.

You're right Phil, his gear can be confiscated at the airport, but knowing eric's father, I bet he already thought about all the possible scenarios ;)

As you said, there are many talented shooters and of course, the match will be won point after point, maybe tenth of points !

Oh, BTW, did I mention that eric was shooting around 1000 rounds each day with both open and standard guns for the last couple of weeks ?

He even made a special ultra long field course where he shot more than 170 rounds !

:blink:

1000 rounds a day, huh? Well.........I dry-fired yesterday for about 15 minutes! How 'bout that!!

Seriously, I hope he's ready, and in top form when he gets here. I want to beat him when he's at his best. I owe him from the Tropical Cup! He's just one guy out of about 10-15 that could win it. I want them ALLl at their very best. Unfortunately, I won't be, but we'll see what happens.

Phil