Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge 2009

Space City Challenge 2009

April 17-19 2009

Hosted by Bay Area Practical Shooters in Pearland near Houston ,TX

9 stages; 220+ rounds.

Level III Match (pending USPSA approval)

Cost: $120; Juniors: $60

ROs and GMs shoot free!

One day shooting format. ROs -Thursday. Full squads - Saturday. Half squads shoot fast on Sunday.

Random prize table (with many guns) will be distributed on Saturday afternoon (must be present to win or have a representative collect your prize!)

Plaques and cash awards will be distributed Sunday.

Match application: SCC Match Application

Watch here for more information: www.texassouthsection.com

Email to: tsssc@texassouthsection.com

Internet squadding will be available after February 1.

Edited by sidnal

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will this be an STI Contingency Match?

OK - guess no one knows.

Has this match historically been an STI Contingency Match?

This one might fit my schedule so I'm interested in shooting it.

I see that Stockton will be there and from another thread, I think Xre is going - anyone else??

Anyone have hotel recommendations?

OK - guess no one knows.

Has this match historically been an STI Contingency Match?

This one might fit my schedule so I'm interested in shooting it.

I see that Stockton will be there and from another thread, I think Xre is going - anyone else??

This has never been a STI contingency match. Sorry, I don't have any hotel recommendations, I stay with family.

D

STI is always one of our biggest supporters, but this isn't a contingency match yet. Last year they donated a 1911...that was a cool prize! They were also one of our match vendors and had a full table of guns for us to squeeze.

I'll check into the possibility of a contingency match and post the information here.

We have always been very happy with the hotels in Webster, TX. The La Quinta and the Hampton Inn (both on Bay Area Blvd.). Lots of places to eat within walking distance and just a quick hop in the car to all the fun stuff in Kemah.

However, if cheap is your only concern, stay in Alvin, TX.

-Chet

We have always been very happy with the hotels in Webster, TX. The La Quinta and the Hampton Inn (both on Bay Area Blvd.). Lots of places to eat within walking distance and just a quick hop in the car to all the fun stuff in Kemah.

However, if cheap is your only concern, stay in Alvin, TX.

-Chet

Thanks for the tip Chet! :cheers:

STI is always one of our biggest supporters, but this isn't a contingency match yet. Last year they donated a 1911...that was a cool prize! They were also one of our match vendors and had a full table of guns for us to squeeze.

I'll check into the possibility of a contingency match and post the information here.

I thought you only needed "X" number of shooters and for the MD to apply to STI for it to qualify? Thanks for looking into it Landis. :)

The stages are always great at this match! See you there - Stockton!!! I knew you could not refuse free!! Sorry I missed the Waco match and seeing the beating---- I mean great time you had at the match!! :ph34r: Just kidding - I got sick and could not get there - See you at Space City!!! Hey - I-HOP Baby!!!

Can't speak for them, but for the last 5 years they went to A6. Since these matches are the same weekend this year my guess would be A6. Plus it's only a couple hours from Benning.

Can't speak for them, but for the last 5 years they went to A6. Since these matches are the same weekend this year my guess would be A6. Plus it's only a couple hours from Benning.

Actually 2 years ago Lee and Travis were there, and Lee was also there in 2006

Does anyone know when we will receive a confirmation email?

Sorry but I don't have internet squadding up yet. This is because I've procrastinated, not a USPSA delay. I'm planning to have it up and going in a week so you'll receive notification at that time.

Thanks, Landis

Sorry but I don't have internet squadding up yet. I'm planning to get it going soon so you'll receive notification at that time...hopefully 1 week!

Thanks, Landis

Sorry but I don't have internet squadding up yet. I'm planning to get it going soon so you'll receive notification at that time...hopefully by Monday!

Thanks, Landis

• 2 weeks later...