Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LaRue Mount Question

Ron Rodgers

I need a mount for my new Meopta K-Dot, and was thinking about either the LaRue SPR or SPR-E. For me, the Meopta eyepiece should be about an inch forward of the rear of the charging handle.

From some of the other posts, I'm fairly certain the SPR-E would work fine, but I'd prefer the shorter mount. Looking at pictures of the SPR, it seems like it may work - but just barely. :unsure:

Anyone have any experience with a Meopta and SPR?

Thanks.

post-8887-1231292403_thumb.jpgGet the SPR-E, it will give you more options to move fore and aft. This my comp gun with the Swarovski, but I had a Meopta in the same mount and it works great. The SPR would have been way too short for me.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

The LaRue mount is as tough as you will find, it really is a super nice piece.

I have a K-dot in an SPR. I shoot nose-to-charging handle, always have and can't/won't change, and I didn't have any problem with the eye relief. I am IN the last slot in the upper with about a half inch left on the scope itself, but I don't need any more forward. The E will be more versatile I think and would probably be the one I picked if buying new, but I wouldn't be a bit scared of another SPR as long as quality glass is going in it.

I agree with HSmith all the way. This is my JP-15 with the LaRue Tactical SPR/M4 Scope Mount LT-104. If I had to do it over I might consider the SPR-E instead. I really don't need the extra distance and I can still move the scope one more bar further forward now if needed on the upper.

I love the LaRue products, they support our sport and the US Military 100% and then some. Mark is a real stand up guy and if he says something you can take it to the bank.

Enjoy,

RLTW,

Scott

post-11094-1231307990_thumb.jpg

post-11094-1231307999_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple more pics.

Meopta.jpg

SPR.jpg

Same as HSMITH and busyhawk I don't need to move it further; but if you're using a collapsable stock and shoot NTCH go with the SPR-E.

Edited by norbs007

I recommend the SPR-E, LT-139. This mount was designed for the AMU 3 Gunners a few years back to give the needed eye relief for using scopes in fast shooting scenerios.

LaRue mounts are pretty much "Ranger Proof"

• 2 weeks later...

used both, k-dot and accupoint, prefer the spr. the "e" works great with the 1-4x, but there is enough room on the upper and between the rings on the spr to make any adjustments necessary for proper relief. the plus side is that if you ever decide to go to a shorter eye relief scope like a 3.5-10x, the spr will do better for you than the spr-e.

I like the SPR-E with the Meopta (although the SPR works ok for me too if I slide the scope a bit farther forward in the rings.) One of the great thing about either of the mounts (and the LT107 for that matter) is that at least on my guns if I adjust them the way that Larue instructs and put them on the correct slot on the pic rail they return to zero very nicely.

Buy a larue mount, you won't be sorry.

Peter Adams

How durable is that? Will it bend if you smash it? I like the adjustability but the German in me wants everything to be indestructable.

Mule

Its combat tough and it retains 0 perfectly when you take it on and off the gun.

Larue makes the best optics mounts period.

Pat