Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge

Steve Anderson

I took a photo of the first page of the results (sorry, all I was concerned about, as that's where I ended up :)). Warning, big picture, but you can read the times. Also note that the Limited results are wrong: Todd beat Rob-- the 'L' is in the wrong spot for Rob and/or Todd on this printout.

The shootoff ended up like this. Again with the big image so you can read the first round shooters' names.

While I ended up a few seconds below where I wanted, it was still a great experience. Good media coverage thanks to Michael Bane and the NSSF. Awesome prize table too.. I won a .40 XD just for being thirty-somethingth.

I also took 512 MB of video, so hopefully I'll be posting some of that soon.

Fri.

I shot limited with the S Squad, Matt Kartozian and the Grandmattster was also with us. Matt B could only shoot one day and shot idpa. Todd won limited with a 77.12, Rob 2nd with 80.38 and Jarry Miculek 3rd with 82.23. I was a distant 4th with a 91.89 ( actually 7th if you factor in the oddballs shooting revolvers and idpa :blink:

Sat.

KC was clutch in the last stage(speed option) he had to take a bad run early so not only did he keep his composure in the final run of the match , he shot a 2.25!! Jerry M was about 1.2 seconds behind.

I ended up 15th with a 80.58 and also got to shoot with Philip Dedmon(24th-87.93)

James Ong

Yep... pretty damn impressive. I forget which stage it was, but I remember the times. Jerry had the fastest string at 2.47 until KC came up and shot a 2.43.

The man is amazing! Even moreso when you realize he's shooting a wheelgun!

KC's victory reminded me of The Jet, in his earlier years. For several years The Jet would win a stage or two at the Challenge, but he was never a threat because he'd blow out the rest of the stages. Then, when he realized that he could KNOW he could hit targets as fast as he could "not know" whether he was hitting or missing - he was unstoppable. I wonder if KC's reached this point?

be

And Contratulations KC and Todd!

be

Then, when he realized that he could KNOW he could hit targets as fast as he could "not know" whether he was hitting or missing - he was unstoppable.

Dammit Brian! Stop that! I'll be tripping out over that pearl the rest of the week. :)

I put up rough (and heavily/uglily compressed) copies of my Steel Challenge match videos on my webpage. There's no pretty HTML around them yet, so you'll have to go dig around in a bunch of meaningless files if you're looking for something in particular.

There's almost the entire Super Squad on Outer Limits, and several of them on Smoke and Hope, including a bad angle on one of KC's 1.87 runs. Everything else is of Squad 17-- some of us were on the first page, some of us were on the last page. Some shot Cowboy, some Revolver, some Limited and some shot Open, so there should be the whole gamut there.

Oh yeah, they'll be somewhat slow to load-- the files are still 500K+ and the DSL isn't back to it's speedy self yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Jerry shot a revolver. Looked like most everybody else in the SS had Marvels or other conversions (can I claim to be a 'Top Guy'? I was in the top 16 :) ). Many of them still had jamming problems (The only gun in our squad that didn't, including Rugers and similar "old reliables" was a revo)