Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Glide Lite

Seth

Brian,

I bought a tub of regular Slide Glide last year and used it sparingly.... it always seemed a little thick for the guns I own, but I like the premise.

I finally got off my butt and ordered the lite and it absolutely rocks. Smooth as a babies butt and really stays put. Great work.

Thanks!

Seth

Yep, great stuff. I've run my Open and Limited guns with it well down into the low 30s and high 20s without problems. I finally got one of the tubes to stick in the range bag...great product. I have some idea about it's composition based upon some other hobbies I've had and if they're right, it was a very smart idea to borrow the general idea!

I know you're not shocked, since your MC gun was my motivator to try the thin stuff. I shot Saturdays match with it, last nights match with it and a good amount of practice and it still looks like I just lubed it. Unlike the thicker stuff I didn't like the thin doesn't seem to effect slide velocity.

I'm definitely happy with the delta.

I'm a fan of Slide Glide Lite too. I use a thin coat on my carry guns; I got tired of oil draining out of the places it needed to be. The tub I have will probably last me the rest of my life, much to Brian's chagrin. ;) I reloaded the syringe from another brand of grease with SGL and keep it in my range bag. Since I live in Louisiana, congealing grease is not an issue.

I reloaded the syringe from another brand of grease with SGL and keep it in my range bag.

Did the same thing, myself ;) Reloaded that syringe with a total of a couple of tubs, at this point :lol: I've used SlideGlide Lite for several years, now, and like it quite a lot...

I love it too, best gun grease I have ever used. My guns won't run much below 50 using it so I break out the shirts that are already splattered with oil and grin and bear it in the cold, I tried the bolt action open gun thing and that just sucked but as soon as it warms up I fill them up with SG Lite again and go.

What is this slide glide and where can you get it??

I've never heard of it before.

Slide Glide is a gun lubricant sold by the sponsor of this forum, Brian Enos. If you click on the BrianEnos.com link in the top left corner of the screen, you'll see tabs for different products. He's got good prices, and a family to feed. :)

Edited by revchuck

I love the stuff too. I use the regular on my 1911s (carry and competition) and my XD-9. I use the Lite on my Open blasters. I haven't seen anything that holds a candle to Slide Glide when it comes to long-term lubrication.

I love it too, best gun grease I have ever used. My guns won't run much below 50 using it so I break out the shirts that are already splattered with oil and grin and bear it in the cold, I tried the bolt action open gun thing and that just sucked but as soon as it warms up I fill them up with SG Lite again and go.

Howard, did you ever try cutting it with a few drops of FP-10 or something similar? When it gets really cold I'll put a small drop of FP-10 on the barrel up close to the top lugs (with the slide closed....rack it a few times, lock the slide back and put a drop around the disconnector, one on the cone area, turn it upside down and put a drop or so on both slide rails and then rack it a bunch of times. You can feel the difference immediately....might save you a few less ruined shirts!

Edited by G-ManBart

Thanks everyone! Yes, the Lite's been a big hit.

And in case y'all don't know, the Forums are the reason the Lite exists. Some years ago, someone started a thread saying that they really liked the Standard (then called #1) in their stock gun, but it was too thick for their Open gun... asking if I'd make in a thinner viscosity. So I had my guy blend a thinner viscosity, and I sent samples to a bunch of Open shooters to test. All the responses were 100% favorable, so we started producing it.

It turned out to be a great addition to the line up, as the thinner viscosity allows it to be used in a much wider variety of applications - like 22's, Open guns, Revolvers, AR's - especially AR's with lightened bolts, and just in colder weather in general.

be

What is this slide glide and where can you get it??

I've never heard of it before.

Info:

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/slide-glide.html

Order:

http://www.brianenos.com/store/slide-glide.html

It'd be easy to blow smoke and tell you its great, but I really mean it. I wasn't a fan of the regular stuff but LOVE the lite.

The lite is really nice for tight guns that blow oil out the back! Even my buddies who are extremely anti grease were impressed with the 'wet ice on wet ice' feeling.

Seth

Edited by Sethmark

I love the standard for my Tripp gun in the warm months, but I switched to the Lite for Winter. I also use the Lite for my carry/duty guns and have had absolutely no problems with it. I do wish it came in a tube like Ultima Lube. Brian's tube is nice, but won't quite get to the tight spots. I've put some is an Ultima lube tube, but I wasted more than I got in there!

My issued Sig (which I leave in the trunk) has it and it lasts and lasts!

Edited by rangertrace