Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Alabama Section Championship May 1&2

Didn't think to check with Area 4............it is a little closer for you TN boys and I know you tend to shy away from ALABAMA anyways :P Someone might want to update the 2009 Sticky thread on here as it list Ark on the 30 & 31st...and I didn't see anything listed on USPSA either....You will miss a GREAT match though....Have fun in Ark...

05/01/09- 05/02/09: Alabama Section Championship

05/08/09- 05/09/09: ProAm East Coast Championship

05/15/09- 05/17/09: Florida State Championship

05/15/09- 05/17/09: North Carolina State

05/15/09- 05/17/09: Mississippi Classic

05/16/09- 05/16/09: Central PRO-AM Steel Plates Match

05/18/09- 05/23/09: 30th Anniversary NRA Bianchi Cup

05/23/09- 05/24/09: CA Silver Buckle Match

05/22/09- 05/23/09: Rocky Mountain Steel Challenge

05/30/09- 05/31/09: Arkansas Section Championship

05/30/09- 05/31/09: Drazy Metal Works Steel 500 ****

05/30/09- 05/31/09: Northern Arizona Classic

05/30/09- 05/31/09: South Carolina Section Championship

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Submitting the stages for approval......8 stages for a 192 total round count (162 paper/30 steel) so we think it is a good mix of shooting....ONLY one quick stand in the box speed shoot, all others are shoot em' on the MOVE (18, 30, 24, 22, 27, 32, 30 & 9 rnds (chrono will be on this stage also))!!!!

Attached is the plaque design we are going with, Manny will be supplying.

I looked at possible Match hotels today and have narrowed it down to 3 (the greatest distance from the range is 11 miles, all interstate) and hope to have finalized by this weekend.

Keep those entries coming!!!

Randal

post-6763-1232593567_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrawandDuck

Level II.....and a damn fine one at that!!!

Careful guys, y'all are making it sound like I go to matches just to have a GREAT time with buddies and have a "few" beers and that the SHOOTING is just secondary..........everyone knows I'm back at the hotel by 8 cleaning my pistol for 30 min, then dry firing until 9:30 then its lights out for a good night sleep so I can focus 100% on my shooting the next day.......... :lol:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I've gotta say that if you're on the fence about attending this match your gonna miss out on one to remember if you don't come. This will probably be the equal to the Double Tap Match except east of the Mississippi. There's plenty to do after the match and I know Randal will have 8 or so blowout stages. I'm looking forward to it.

This will probably be the equal to the Double Tap Match except east of the Mississippi. There's plenty to do after the match and I know Randal will have 8 or so blowout stages. I'm looking forward to it.

I DON'T know bout that :surprise: We don't have a cave with black lights, a boulder trying to run you over and who knows what else.....WE DO have a higer than average round count in common with the DT......maybe in the coming years when we get our other 4 bays completed which will give us 12 bays so we can have a 2 day 350+ round count match.....THEN we can have some FUN, well MORE FUN....

Randal

You want a cave with black lights and strobes? :devil:

I like it. Maybe we should try that out at EAGC first. ;)

Didn't we already do that?? Or would you consider the Halloween match stage a tunnel??

That was a tunnel and it didn't have any strobes or black lights........

You guys are awesome, this match doesn't conflict with any 3 gun matches anywhere, so if work will let me be in town I can come down and harass Randall, I mean shoot

Looking forward too it as those Steel City guys always have great stages

jc

With some expanding metal, some expanding foam, a few extension chords, and a couple lights, I could make all the cave you want. Only problem is it might not be very transportable or storable, so after the match you might have to trash it.

Squared away the match hotel.......this one is ONLY 4 miles from the range!! It was nicer than I thought we would be able to afford but I negioated a $75 per night rate ( + tax) down from $117.....Guys this is a REAL NICE HOTEL!!! 42" Plasma screen TV's in ALL rooms and the rooms are BIG!!! You will be able to book online or by phone after Monday. I will post the code that will get you the $75 rate (+ tax). Here is the hotel link and some photos of the rooms. I have a block of 30 rooms guaranteed until April 4th any rooms not booked after this date will be released. If you call and there are rooms available the hotel will still honor the $75 per night rate (+ tax)....I had one other hotel Comfort Suites that was 11 miles from the range we could have gotten for $70 per night but I went with the CLOSE one.....hope everyone does not mind........

http://birminghamhoover.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/

The group is ready for booking and the code is G-USPS.

post-6763-1232761401_thumb.jpg

post-6763-1232761434_thumb.jpg

post-6763-1232761460_thumb.jpg

post-6763-1232761507_thumb.jpg

Edited by ima45dv8

I AM SENDING OUT MY APPLICATION THIS WEEK..... I am formally putting in my request for a few things before I finalize this on my schedule...

1. I need a different squad than last year...Those guys were too good, way too young and skinnier than me

2. I need someone to make sure i do not drink any redbull with my vodka. I found the Alabama match to be fun, but I am sure it would have been more fun, if I would have slept the night before...Safety First!

3. Keep Sam Conway away from me...The guy is 77 years old and has no grey hair..this bother me

4. I need anyone who is B class and above , and who is a pretty good shooter, to not show up...so I can finally win a match

5. And finally.....Turn the Fricken heat on..It is Alabama for petes sake and there was snow on the ground last year.....!!!!

Please consider all of the above statements as pure poo poo talking...(except for the Sam Conway part). I had a BLAST with a great group of guys..Look forward to it this year....SEEYA :cheers:

I AM SENDING OUT MY APPLICATION THIS WEEK..... I am formally putting in my request for a few things before I finalize this on my schedule...

1. I need a different squad than last year...Those guys were too good, way too young and skinnier than me

2. I need someone to make sure i do not drink any redbull with my vodka. I found the Alabama match to be fun, but I am sure it would have been more fun, if I would have slept the night before...Safety First!

3. Keep Sam Conway away from me...The guy is 77 years old and has no grey hair..this bother me

4. I need anyone who is B class and above , and who is a pretty good shooter, to not show up...so I can finally win a match

5. And finally.....Turn the Fricken heat on..It is Alabama for petes sake and there was snow on the ground last year.....!!!!

Please consider all of the above statements as pure poo poo talking...(except for the Sam Conway part). I had a BLAST with a great group of guys..Look forward to it this year....SEEYA :cheers:

Obviously you did drink a little too much last year. :cheers: I believe we shot together along with 45 DV8. He and I accounted for nearly 600 pounds..and both of us are considerably older than you :rolleyes:

You shot well last year, I may be shooting on Friday and Mark is going to be the RM, so hopefully you will get a better squad this year. :roflol:

1. I see you shot with Boz and Ramsey......I do not believe them 2 fit your above description.

2. I do not believe I am the one to help you with that issue.....EXCEPT I would not let you ruin a good

vodka drink with RB......that crap is nasty....

3. Your own your own with that one.

4. I HOPE this one does not pan out.....

5. I am almost 99% you will not have to worry about turning up the heat here in MAY!!!!

See you in a couple of months...

Randal

6. Bring more batteries for the video camera.

You should be able to leave your long johns at home. :D

You can book online at the link below. I do not know why they left off the A but that is the way it is...Sorry. You can call or book on line.

The group is ready for booking and the code is G-USPS. They can go directly to our website at the link below and type that code in the box labeled Group/Corporate #.

http://birminghamhoover.place.hyatt.com/hy...place/index.jsp

Randal

You can book online at the link below. I do not know why they left off the A but that is the way it is...Sorry. You can call or book on line.

The group is ready for booking and the code is G-USPS. They can go directly to our website at the link below and type that code in the box labeled Group/Corporate #.

http://birminghamhoover.place.hyatt.com/hy...place/index.jsp

Randal

Randal,

Where do you book the "Asian Massage Girls" you referenced in your e-mail to me earlier? Didn't see a link in your previous posts :blush:

DAMNIT MAN, guess you will never know now.......some things you just gotta keep to yourself....match directors gotta have some "perks"! Hotels are struggling for business and are willing to provide "extras" to book rooms ;)

Edited by DrawandDuck