Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Alabama Section Championship May 1&2

Wanted to go ahead and announce the dates for the 2009 Alabama Section Championship.

The match will be held at the Steel City Sport Shooters Association in Hoover, Alabama (just south of Birmingham) May 1 & 2

Randal Webb (DrawandDuck) will be the Match Director.

We are planning on a 1 day format ROs shoot Friday; Competitors shoot Saturday.

8 Stages + Chrono with 150-175 rounds.

Cash payback and plaques

Additional information will be posted on the Alabama Section webpage when available.

Peter Adams

FY-39604

Alabama Section Coordinator

ETA:Match application now available >> HERE <<.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it too early to ask Randal about his plans for the "after party?" :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Wanted to go ahead and announce the dates for the 2009 Alabama Section Championship.

The match will be held at the Steel City Sport Shooters Association in Hoover, Alabama (just south of Birmingham) May 1 & 2

Randal Webb (DrawandDuck) will be the Match Director.

We are planning on a 1 day format ROs shoot Friday; Competitors shoot Saturday.

8 Stages + Chrono with 150-175 rounds.

Cash payback and plaques

Additional information will be posted on the Alabama Section webpage when available.

Peter Adams

FY-39604

Alabama Section Coordinator

I would come, but being from UTAH, it wouldn't be fair. It seems that everything in Alabama just falls over when we show up to play. :P

All kidding aside I guarantee this will be a fun match with GREAT stages. This will be our first go of it at Steel City as well as myself but we have a bunch of dedicated people willing to help. I am planning on keeping things as simple as possilbe (except for the stages maybe :ph34r: ) I wonder if they would let me get away with 6-32 round field courses..........nah......For those of you who have shot one of our USPSA matches or the Tatical Rifle match you know what to expect, for those who haven't come shoot and find out for yourself....

As for the afterparty, well, I make it a rule never play too hard in my own backyard ;)

Hope to see everone in May,

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck

As for the afterparty, well, I make it a rule to never play to hard in my own backyard ;)

Hope to see everone in May,

Randal

That's what the mexican resturant up the road is for.

Level II.....and a damn fine one at that!!!

Careful guys, y'all are making it sound like I go to matches just to have a GREAT time with buddies and have a "few" beers and that the SHOOTING is just secondary..........everyone knows I'm back at the hotel by 8 cleaning my pistol for 30 min, then dry firing until 9:30 then its lights out for a good night sleep so I can focus 100% on my shooting the next day.......... :lol:

Edited by DrawandDuck

I would come, but being from UTAH, it wouldn't be fair. It seems that everything in Alabama just falls over when we show up to play. :P

That's just COLD! :closedeyes: True, but still cold :roflol:

Making good progress on the match....thanks to those who have sent info (Linda and Mark L.)......I have designed the plaques and the CHALICES........and even going to "pretty" up the walls for everyone.....WE have all but 1 stage designed and should have it ready this weekend to submit for approval.....

OK. I'll let you in on one of the engraved awards to the AL State Champions........this is in ADDITION to the plaque and payback......it holds 25 oz of your FAVORITE BEVERAGE!!!! Going to do one for the RO's and provide something to fill it with also.......... :cheers:

You KNOW this is going to be a FUN match.......heck we might even do some shooting!!! :roflol:

Randal

post-6763-1232172430_thumb.jpg

Making good progress on the match....thanks to those who have sent info (Linda and Mark L.)......I have designed the plaques and the CHALICES........and even going to "pretty" up the walls for everyone.....WE have all but 1 stage designed and should have it ready this weekend to submit for approval.....

OK. I'll let you in on one of the engraved awards to the AL State Champions........this is in ADDITION to the plaque and payback......it holds 25 oz of your FAVORITE BEVERAGE!!!! Going to do one for the RO's and provide something to fill it with also.......... :cheers:

You KNOW this is going to be a FUN match.......heck we might even do some shooting!!! :roflol:

Randal

Please tell me you didn't waste the contents of the chalice pictured.. :surprise: