Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mags For >40 Single Stack

ede

I use the Wilson's and have never had a problem with them. They are a nine round mag so you can load your "Loader" mag with nine and the rest with eight and be good to go without any mag changes on the Make Ready command.

I have been using both the Wilson 10mm and the Tripp .40. I have had no problem with either both have been equally reliable and I would recommend either one. The price is the same. Wilson does not show them on there website you need to call them directly, however Shooter's connection does list them on there website.

I have both Wilson and Chip McCormick 10mm. I've grown partial to Chip's, the spring seems a little stronger and the base pad is a little bigger, easier to grab out of the pouch.

But I haven't had any problems with the Wilsons that I can't blame on ammo.

Edited for spelling, Duh

Edited by DJM3808

thanks for all the replies. when i looked at wilson's site i didn't see them listed and figured they didn't make them. tried to order from brian since he had the best price but it kept kicking my order back wanting my "full name" whatever that means, i used the only name i have. just ordered from shooters connection.

thanks for all the replies. when i looked at wilson's site i didn't see them listed and figured they didn't make them. tried to order from brian since he had the best price but it kept kicking my order back wanting my "full name" whatever that means, i used the only name i have. just ordered from shooters connection.

Did you get the 47NX? You won't be sorry.

Get a wilson, a tripp, CMC, and metalforms and see which one your gun likes best. We all have different guns and they all are tuned differently. I currently run a Tripp, a couple wilsons and some CMC shooting stars. I'll be switching to the Tripps though.

Hello: Try some 45 mags and see if they will work for you. I use Metalform 45 7 rounds mags for single stack that have the round top follower. I use Metalform Elite 45 mags for IDPA. These all work perfectly in my 40 Kimber and STI. They also work great in my 45 :cheers: Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

i ordered the wilson 47NX from Chuck. i tried wilson and baer 45 mags last year and didn't like the 45 mags, but it may have been the gun just needed shot a little to break it in.. ended up getting some mecgar mags and truth be told have worked very well for me but i keep waiting on one to fail me in a match. also used the one STI mag that came with the gun but not impressed with it either.

Wilsons 10mm work great for me with 1.135 OAL AND 1.185

Tripp (old style) 10mm work great for 1.185 and PRETTY GOOD with 1.135. When the mag is full, the gun is dirty, the round is short, and the stars are aligned wrong, it doesn't quite feed the 1.135 as reliably as I like (still perfect for long load). I could probably work on this a bit and get it totally reliable by doing something to the feed ramp, but since I should really be using 40 cal mags with spacers for the short rounds, I wouldn't necessarily call this a flaw.

Basically for the loads I usually shoot, they're both great.

Did you get the 47NX? You won't be sorry.

Not quite sure I could say that. I actually prefer the #47 .45 mags as mentioned above. And they are about $10 per mag cheaper. I know I wouldn't buy any more #47NX mags... :closedeyes:

Edited to add that mine were getting nose down jams at pretty much every OAL from 1.135-1.230" until I widened the feed lips. They are running better now but still nosedive sometime at the LAMR... <_<

Edited by Rocket35

My wife is shooting SS Div in .40 We tried a few different brands of mags, and ended up with Tripp Cobramags.

http://www.trippresearch.com/CVS/products/1911/1911.html

So far so good. Had to bend the follower a tad on two of them, but perfecto since then. Well deserved reputation, I would say.

In my personal experience and that of shooting friends (the main 3 being chips ahoy, wilson & Tripp) I like Cobra Mags. I havent had to modify and dont know of anyone else that has either. Chips Ahoy suck & I have seen guys literally throw them away, I would not recommend them to anyone unless I wanted to see them lose a match, lose money or just mess with them. Wilson's seems pretty deacent. Tripp Cobra Mags, in my experience have been THE most reliable (& not just in my gun) but those of other SS shooters in real matches bringing some heat.

Chips Ahoy suck & I have seen guys literally throw them away, I would not recommend them to anyone unless I wanted to see them lose a match, lose money or just mess with them. Wilson's seems pretty deacent.

Hmmm...I win every weekend with "Chips Ahoy" mags. Not all guns are equal and not all guns like all mags. Get one of each of the top ones and see if they work in your gun. With that being said I'm switching to Tripp just for the simple fact they cut the mag longer for my SVI magwell.