Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio 2009 ! -- **Date Change!

I don't want to speak out-of-school (I know some of the back story here), but I suspect that we'll have our usual monthly USPSA match on Saturday, Sept 5. Set up ~8-ish. Shooting starts when set-up ends, 10-ish.

Monthly club matches have Level II-III degree-of-difficulty stages normally. See prior threads/comments about monthly match stages. If you join us that day, prepare to be challenged. You won't be disappointed.

We know that a lot of people had already made vacation plans, travel reservations, etc. We're sorry for the disruption on that count. We know that many people have to submit vacation requests 6-9+ months in advance.

The change is in response to a rare opportunity that entails much more work for the match director and crew. For those who can come to play in October, it'll be worth the trip.

More later. I know that Conrad & Flex will have announcements on this thread as details become available.

Do we have an idea as to when the super secret squirrel info will be released? If it ends up being worth it to me I'll still try to make arrangements to come up in Oct but I need to know ASAP.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to speak out-of-school (I know some of the back story here), but I suspect that we'll have our usual monthly USPSA match on Saturday, Sept 5. Set up ~8-ish. Shooting starts when set-up ends, 10-ish.

Monthly club matches have Level II-III degree-of-difficulty stages normally. See prior threads/comments about monthly match stages. If you join us that day, prepare to be challenged. You won't be disappointed.

We know that a lot of people had already made vacation plans, travel reservations, etc. We're sorry for the disruption on that count. We know that many people have to submit vacation requests 6-9+ months in advance.

The change is in response to a rare opportunity that entails much more work for the match director and crew. For those who can come to play in October, it'll be worth the trip.

More later. I know that Conrad & Flex will have announcements on this thread as details become available.

Do we have an idea as to when the super secret squirrel info will be released? If it ends up being worth it to me I'll still try to make arrangements to come up in Oct but I need to know ASAP.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. The Sept dates were the same weekend as the Easyrider Rodeo. By changing the dates it will make it easier to reserve the hotels. This is something we couldn't pass up on. I know that some of you guys have to make plans and it will be hard to change them. I expect to hear from Mr. XXXX very soon. And as soon as I get the word I will let everyone know the good news.

The old date (Sept. 5) is the regular monthly USPSA match on Saturday...always a great match, probably more so since it will be the last DVC match before the big ones. That Sunday (Sept. 6), I might expect a 3-gun match...unless our 3-gun Match Director will have nothing more to do with us (we've bumped our poor 3-gun match director around like a pinball...).

Man if there was a USPSA pistol match on sat and a USPSA 3 gun match on sunday the Sept weekend in circleville.....I might have to bring more gear!

The PCSIrange.com websight isn't updated yet but I know Micheal usually runs the 3 gun match every other month and it falls on the Sunday after the USPSA match with a few exceptions. Check the web sight later to verify that is correct.

Man if there was a USPSA pistol match on sat and a USPSA 3 gun match on sunday the Sept weekend in circleville.....I might have to bring more gear!

The PCSIrange.com websight isn't updated yet but I know Micheal usually runs the 3 gun match every other month and it falls on the Sunday after the USPSA match with a few exceptions. Check the web sight later to verify that is correct.

The Multi-Gun match is scheduled for Sunday October 4th. Michael Craig has scheduled 4 of these this year - April 5, June 7, August 2, October 4.

QUOTE (mscott @ Mar 22 2009, 05:52 PM)

What's going to happen to the Oct 4th match now that the schedule is changing?

The October MultiGun match at PCSI is going to have to move to the 1st Sunday in November which is Nov 1. I was going to make it official once the Ohio Sectional and U.S. IPSC match is formalized as being held on the 1st weekend in October by Local & National officals.

MC

• 3 weeks later...
Is there an updated match application or should we just use the original one ??

Thanks

I'm not the Match Director for the Ohio...so take this as inside info, but not official... :)

Match fee, divisions, your info...all that is standard. (I'd send it, and get my spot saved!)

The date is changed, clearly. (Make sure to specify that you are shooting on Saturday, October 3rd. If you NEED to shoot of Friday with the staff, send and email to OhioUSPSA at the aol email address to get prior MD approval.)

We are exploring a Tech-wear option for match shirts, and will probably have that figured out tonight (if so, they will be more than the $15 option for the cotton match shirts that we currently see.)

We will probably see an updated match application posted by this weekend.

Hey Flex,

It is unlikely that I will have a classification by then. I just got my USPSA number today. Is there a way I could be of assistance at the match. Sounds like a great weekend.

Jason Conrad (Conrad is his name on here) is the match director. But again you dont have to have a classification to shoot the match. Only need to be a USPSA member in good standing.

On the other hand you may very well be able to have a classification by then. It only takes 4 classifiers to get one. ;)

Hey Flex,

It is unlikely that I will have a classification by then. I just got my USPSA number today. Is there a way I could be of assistance at the match. Sounds like a great weekend.

There is a classifier match in east of cinnci at the end of month....get ye there!

I had already planned to shoot that one. That is sort of my "home club". I need to try to research things a little more as I did not know it was a multi stage classifier. Thanks for the bump.

Edited by sandman