Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullets at the Gun Show....

JeffWard

I would prefer to go with a known brand of bullet (to the forum), like Zeros and Montana Golds, which seem to be very popular. But if I cannot find Zeros or MGs at the show, what brands shoud I look for, and what should I avoid? It seems $0.07-0.09 a piece is a good price.... What about at the shows?

There are NO 9mm bullets availible in Centrl FL, and being a noob to reloading, I don't want to order 1000 online for something I will not like! I'd prefer to get 100-200 of a number of brands and weights, and see what my gun and hand shoots best.

Please let me know what your top 5 favorite bullets are (9mm preferably), and your BOTTOM 3 junk-brands!

Thanks,

JeffWard

Not knowing exactly what your application is I can't suggest specifics but I prefer 124gr. Montana Gold JHPs in all of my 38super open guns and their 180gr JHPs in my 40SW limited guns. Unfortunately I am not aware of anyone that sells them but MG direct through the mail. It is best to organise a group buy and purchase in quantity for the best pricing.

OK if you are going to Titusville look me up and I will have 100 Zero 147JHP for you to try out.

For production I like the Zero 147JHP

Open Zero 125JHP

Limited or 40 production Zero 180JHP

The Montana gold are nice but Zeros shoot better for me in all guns.

I do use Berrys 180 plated HP for limited, 3-gun practice and local matches.

Sorry but the black bullets smoke like trains for me.

I've shot Zero, Winchester, and Berry's 9mm out of my Glock for steel and Zero and Berry's 38 special out of my revolver (steel and ICORE). Haven't had any issues.

Good luck,

Seiichi

Do the gun shows out your way regularly carry bullets?

I seldom go to the shows here on the West Coast, and one reason is that reloading components (at least bullets) aren't carried much. The vendors told me that it cost too much to truck them from show to show, especially when on line reloading businesses could easily beat their prices.

...I am not aware of anyone that sells them but MG direct through the mail.

Patience Larry. :D You'll see some advertising in the VERY near future.

Rich

I buy them direct from MG in lots of 3 cases or greater and just have them shipped to my office. The USPS delivery guy has a picture of me on his dart board :) That is the best price I can get. I do know 2 other folks who distribute them but still can't beat the price from the factory.

Jeff, you can order zero bullets direct from Roze Distributors. They seem to have a lot in stock and free shipping. They also have bulk discount.

I ordered from them and the service was great.

FWIW

Richard

PS: I have never seen MG or Zero at any GS in my area.

Do the gun shows out your way regularly carry bullets?

I seldom go to the shows here on the West Coast, and one reason is that reloading components (at least bullets) aren't carried much. The vendors told me that it cost too much to truck them from show to show, especially when on line reloading businesses could easily beat their prices.

I sympathize with you. I live in S.E. Michigan and we used to be able to get bullets, powder and primers at gun shows, but for the past several years, we can't get squat. It all started drying up when UPS initiated the hazmat charge. :angry2:

I and several of my friends have been running Xtreme plated bullets with excellent results. 230 RN .45 and 9mm 124 RN. The 9mm has run thru Glocks, Springfield XD's, S&W 659, M&P and Hi-powers with no problems. Good bullets. 45's run through various 1911 A1's, Glocks. No problems.

I would prefer to go with a known brand of bullet (to the forum), like Zeros and Montana Golds, which seem to be very popular. But if I cannot find Zeros or MGs at the show, what brands shoud I look for, and what should I avoid? It seems $0.07-0.09 a piece is a good price.... What about at the shows?

There are NO 9mm bullets availible in Centrl FL, and being a noob to reloading, I don't want to order 1000 online for something I will not like! I'd prefer to get 100-200 of a number of brands and weights, and see what my gun and hand shoots best.

Please let me know what your top 5 favorite bullets are (9mm preferably), and your BOTTOM 3 junk-brands!

Thanks,

JeffWard

Jeff, Try www.bulletworks.com they will ship you bullets up front and 30 day to pay them. I ordered 6K of 200 grain .452 (.45ACP) cast bullets. In other words they are my new cast bullet suppliers. Getting ready to order a few k of 9mm cast bullets.

Chief

Edited by Chief7700

• 4 weeks later...

1. Precision Delta (http://www.precisiondelta.com/)

2. Montana Gold (www.montanagoldbullet.com)

3. Black Bullets (www.blackbulletsintl.com)

PD gives you free shipping on anything over 2K, and $80 for 147FMJs if you and a buddy split 10K is pretty hard to beat. 6 of us locally ordered 31,000 bullets 6 months ago. Still got about 1K of my 147s left.