Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Single Stack Nationals

bdavis385

The 1911ssc.org website is up and running. Some of you have emailed me about news and some of you have visited the website in the last day or two. We had announced that Registrations would not be accepted until January 19, 2009. That has been changed. We will begin accepting the immediately. Pay special attention to the website, the address and person handling the forms initially is now different.

www.1911ssc.org

How fast does this match usually fill up? I sent in my app Friday.

Usually in about 3 days, based on prior experience. Might be a little off this year, since they originally weren't going to take apps until the 19th then changed it to immediately.

Also... with the added day, they are taking more shooters, so it may take a little longer as well.

Frank

Sent mine on Monday. Not really liking the fact that they said the 19th, then opened it immediately. Could have modified the date in advance instead of not allowing everyone to get a fair shot at sending their app in if they didn't see the update.

I am mailing mine priority today. I hadn't been on the web for a few days and didn't even see it until last eve at about 4:30. I debated running straight to a post office but figured I wouldn't make it and that mailing this AM would be about the same. This will be my first major if I can get in...

If you stay at the holiday in make sure you tell them it is for the match. The website does not mention this or give a code, but all of the rooms are blocked out at the $90.00 rate. Otherwise it will run you $173.00 per night.

Matt, I really agree with you. It has actually made a difference for me. I probably will not go now because of the guys I shoot with are unable to get their vacation time approved on such short notice.

I am also bummed that they extended it to a day and half format, without prior notice.

I have heard from a couple guys who had gone to the SSC religiously for many years are dropping out due to the format change causing additional RON time spent in Quincy. Things change :unsure:

Later,

Chuck

I think just as many are signing up due to the added slots though... so it may be a wash.

While I don't agree with the registration change, I won't complain overall... especially since Barry is only 2 hours from the house...

Frank

Thanks for the update. I had the 19th flagged on my calendar to go online and get an app.

I have a room and an app in the mail. Hope the app makes it before the match fills up.

Edited by bbbean

Hmmn... Hmmn...

I am NOT going to this match, even though I live just 3 hours away in "downstate" Illinois near St. Louis.

One more chance for me to get a slot.

Hope more people feel this way!!!

Matt, I really agree with you. It has actually made a difference for me. I probably will not go now because of the guys I shoot with are unable to get their vacation time approved on such short notice.

I am also bummed that they extended it to a day and half format, without prior notice.

I couldn't get anybody to switch call with me in such a short notice....

Chuck, What does RON time mean?

Something you do three times after Da Doo.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

I am very jealous of that one!

Sorry, slipped into GI again: RON=Remain Over Night

ETA: isn't it three times after the first Da Doo and then two times after the second Da Doo?

Edited by ChuckS

Chuck, What does RON time mean?

Something you do three times after Da Doo.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

I am very jealous of that one!

Sorry, slipped into GI again: RON=Remain Over Night

ETA: isn't it three times after the first Da Doo and then two times after the second Da Doo?

You are correct, sir!

• 3 weeks later...

So, since I have looked at the competitors list as of today....I would assume that the only time you can shoot is Thurs and Fri...and the rest of the match is closed...and there is very few if any of those slots period!......TAADAA..Look at the big brain on me....LLLOL...ok, so I guess i won't be shooting the Single Stack Nationals...