Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open House - Company Holiday Party!

sinnsyk

At the last minute we have decided that we need a HenningShop company xmas party and since it's only me and Emma we need to invite people to have a real party. We trudged out in zero degree weather and a foot of snow today to cut a christmas tree for the party.

On Saturday, December 27th from 5pm and onwards you are hereby welcomed to stop by if you're in the area. Nothing formal, come as you are. We have a beer tap in the kitchen with my favorite wheat beer (from the Pumphouse Brewery in Longmont) and two guest bedrooms for those who want to spend the night. Stop by for a few hours or party all night, its up to you. Guestrooms are first come, first serve. We will be dressed in 1920's style gangster zoot suits, but you can come as you are or dress up.

If you know you're gonna come, give us a call so we know how to plan for food. Plus we don't want to run out of beer. We will have wine available too and probably some soda and water.

:cheers:

The bar is now awaiting getting the keg hooked up to the beer-tap. Just picked up 6 bar stools so the bar .. will be open on Saturday. Will have to make a serious liquor run on Friday, get some good food and snacks and we'll be ready. Music will be blasting until early morning.

Paul, I'm not big on coffee myself so don't have any of that stuff. But there's Starbucks close by and I probably have some RockStars in the fridge.. ;-))

Sunday morning will be Bloody Mary's, Eggs and Bacon.. A hearty breakfast 4 suuure. btw we should get pretty good turnout from our local gang. Ken says he's coming down and crashing, same with Jason. That probably means it'll be late (early morning). My buddy Joe will stop by, he likes the Vikingfjord Vodka so he'll probably won't leave until it's all gone.. James, Adam, Matt declared they're coming. Some are bringing their girlfriends, a few possible wild cards and members of Emma's family showing. I'm gonna start the party as soon as I've got the house stocked up with everything we need and know I don't have to go anywhere..

Now I've got to figure out what I'm gonna serve for food. Being an awesome inexperienced cook it may be very interesting..

Now I've got to figure out what I'm gonna serve for food. Being an awesome inexperienced cook it may be very interesting..

Prior to my domestication by Ms. Neomet I was frequently faced with the same question. Doritos or Cheezepuffs.......Doritos or Cheezepuffs?

Start driving... ;-))

Charlie, you can come any time from 5pm and on. Not sure when people will show, but I'm guessing the hardcore group will probably show up in the evening; sometime after 8 ? Jason, James, Adam, Emma and myself will be dressed in our Zooots :cheers:

My place is starting to shape up now. Got six bar stools in the kitchen/bar and two big couches in the living room. Looks like we'll be between 15 - 20 people. I'm gonna run down to Denver to get some beer glasses etc. When I get back I've got to hook up the tap and get that rollin...

It was good ! There was some occasional butt-groping, James ended up flat on his back with his arms in the air. There was yummy cake, beer on tap, fishnet stockings, dead bodies on the Christmas tree, tommy guns, shotguns, ar-15's, cookies, a broken knob and surround sound.

Everything a good party could ask for.

I am making none of this up.

• 2 weeks later...

...and Jason having bed spins with a long stumble to the downstairs bathroom...

TMI?

The eggs&bacon served Norweigan-style in the AM hit the spot. Not sure about the Bloodys as some of us tried to get back to normal life the next day (a quick run/hike up Sanitas cured my hangover).

And, Jason was probably having truck spins all the way home (not driving, mind you).

Great party -- thanks to Hman and Emma for the hospitality!