Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 Back ordered

Beans

I placed an order for a G35 around the 1st of November at the local LEO supplier. I qualify for the LEO discount price.

I checked today and it wasn't in. I called Glock Inc in GA and talked with a customer service girl in LEO sales and asked about delivery time.

After explaining that Glock was behind in orders in the amount of 100,000 units ( that is not a mistake in the numbers of zeros) :surprise: she stated it would be late January or early Feb before it could be shipped and then she stated the 4th Gen glocks would be out in March of 09.

I guess I have a wait on my hands :(

I placed an order for a G35 around the 1st of November at the local LEO supplier. I qualify for the LEO discount price.

I checked today and it wasn't in. I called Glock Inc in GA and talked with a customer service girl in LEO sales and asked about delivery time.

After explaining that Glock was behind in orders in the amount of 100,000 units ( that is not a mistake in the numbers of zeros) :surprise: she stated it would be late January or early Feb before it could be shipped and then she stated the 4th Gen glocks would be out in March of 09.

I guess I have a wait on my hands :(

Then I am glad I got mine last month!

Good luck with your purchase, they really are superb.

<----see avatar :D

Edited by soundwave

any idea what the fourth generation changes are?

ambi mag release i think? mags are a little different to work with ambi mag release, similar to 21sf model

Edited by HoMiE

I've seen pictures of what is supposed to be the 4th gen. Glock and they seem to have totally different grip checkering or whatever you care to call it - almost like custom texturing. You might check the Glock forum or downrange.tv is where I saw it.

Richard

PS: I haven't even seen a 35 or 34 for that matter let alone handeled one.

Yikes. I just sent a certificate for a free Glock in and specified G35. When do the 4th generation glocks come out? Is there a pic somewhere? I am tempted to call and have them hold mine until the 4th comes out.

Edited to add- I had ordered some mags in anticipation of the G35 and they have an additional cut on the front of the mag which I beleive is the ambi mag release cut on the the G21SF.

Does anyone have the number for the customer service in smyrna?

Edited by bofe954

I'd roam the gun show circuit looking for used G35's..........thats what I did and found one pretty quick. While G35's and G34's can be a little hard to find, same it true when it comes to selling them used since mostly its the IPSC/IDPA-etc crowd that wants them.

Being a Glock means there virtually no chance anything is worn out, and most likely you will re-do trigger, sights, and slap on grip tape anyway.

Only pain in rear issue left is getting a supply of 40SW mags.

By Feb-March-2009 all this "stock-up and hoard before the ban" mentality will fade considerably.

BB

If you are interested in what the 4th gen Glocks are supposed to look like you can check the Glock forum on ar15.com. They have a big picture of what they are supposed to look like. They have changed the checkering on the grip and the serations on the slide are now cresant shaped. No idea if they will have ambi mag releases or not. Other than that they seem the same as the 3rd gen Glocks.

I'd roam the gun show circuit looking for used G35's

I tried that and they were WAY over priced and w/o the two 15 rd mags that come with the LEO order.

The last show I went to they were priced $650 up with a single 10 rd Mag. They had 2--- 1 for $650 and the other one for $850 with a brass mag well funnel. both were offer with a well used *old style single 10 Mag.

Both had stock sights and barrels

* the mag with the "U" shaped cutout :angry: on the back instead of the wide rectangle ( my best discription) cutout.

I have found a couple on line also in the $590-650 range used with a single 10 mag.

The LEO price is $518 OTD that included 2-- 15 Rd mags ( $34 @)

They are $480 plus shipping from Glock Inc in GA

Edited by Beans

I'd roam the gun show circuit looking for used G35's

I tried that and they were WAY over priced and w/o the two 15 rd mags that come with the LEO order.

The last show I went to they were priced $650 up with a single 10 rd Mag. They had 2--- 1 for $650 and the other one for $850 with a brass mag well funnel. both were offer with a well used *old style single 10 Mag.

Both had stock sights and barrels

* the mag with the "U" shaped cutout :angry: on the back instead of the wide rectangle ( my best discription) cutout.

I have found a couple on line also in the $590-650 range used with a single 10 mag.

The LEO price is $518 OTD that included 2-- 15 Rd mags ( $34 @)

They are $480 plus shipping from Glock Inc in GA

Agreeded.......those show prices are crazy.

BB

Fresh back from Harrisburg, PA Gun Show.

Saw several new G34's and G35's for around $579. And several used of same for 460-520 range. So they are out there.

In general most Glocks are in tight supply given current mania in gun universe.

Gotta love the guns shows......absorbing all that profound expert-firearm conversation at tables :roflol:.... interesting and unique hair styles :surprise: ..... generous samples of misc-meat jerky :sick: ........ and that special blend of military-camo/urban-casual/hunter-orange or occasional gangsta attire. :surprise:

BB

Gotta love the guns shows......absorbing all that profound expert-firearm conversation at tables .... interesting and unique hair styles ..... generous samples of misc-meat jerky ........ and that special blend of military-camo/urban-casual/hunter-orange or occasional gangsta attire.

What no jewerly, replica watches. Rambo knives or sham wow towels??? :angry2:

Man, you guys are lucky. All the stores in my area are selling G34/35s for $729 and regular G17s at $599. That is the going rate around here and the gunshows are the same to more.

You guys finding stuff under $600 have some great dealers or more competition or something. I know MD has to pay a bit more for certain specifications out state requires, but I find it hard to believe its $100 or more higher.

Man, you guys are lucky. All the stores in my area are selling G34/35s for $729 and regular G17s at $599. That is the going rate around here and the gunshows are the same to more.

You guys finding stuff under $600 have some great dealers or more competition or something. I know MD has to pay a bit more for certain specifications out state requires, but I find it hard to believe its $100 or more higher.

Sounds like all ya'll need to come down south to gods country to buy your guns. There still normal price here to. A 850.00 stock glock is just crazy.

My search ended today.

A local gun shop took a G35 in on trade. It is an earlier one without the finger groves :wub: which I prefer.

Serial number is AAU***US

It came with a Blade Tech holster, dual Mag pouch, 6-- 15 rd mags, 3-- 10 rd mags, Warren Tactical sight set installed (which I was getting set to order) and the trigger is very smooth.

I was not unhappy about the price. It could have been better and I have seen worse. $550 OTD

Thanks to everyone who had PM me with offers to help and all the on line comments.

So after the 1st of the year it will be time to shoot and scoot. :sight:

Did you say SIX 15 round mags?

Thats very good price with that many mags.

Glocks dont wear out.

Now work up a soft minor production load with 180 bullet - softer than 147 grain 9mm at same power factor. :cheers:

Only down side is the slide seems to cycle perceptably slower than the G34.

BB

Now work up a soft minor production load with 180 bullet - softer than 147 grain 9mm at same power factor.

I am using a 180 gr Magma bullet and 2.9 gr of Clay Which Chronographs out of my G23 at 775 FPS which give a PF of 139, I believe.

Only down side is the slide seems to cycle perceptably slower than the G34.

At 65 Years old I cycle somewhat slower also. :goof:

A local gun shop took a G35 in on trade. It is an earlier one without the finger groves :wub: which I prefer.

Serial number is AAU***US

The serial numbers on the frame and the slide match? I thought the 35 came out after the finger grooves.