Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fedex.ups, Usps, Fedexground

JT Johnson

f*#k UPS, FEdEx, FedExGround, and USPS.

I'd rather be punched in the nads that have to go through all the shit just to ship my 1911 and now some of my reloads to my gunsmith.

I recommend anyone attempting to ship a heater print the policy and take it to the customer service desk. Plan for a long wait. The odds are about fifty-fifty that you'll find someone in the group with enough reading comprehension to understand that FedEx ships firearms.

http://www.fedex.com/us/services/ground/te...firearmsus.html

- non ffl people can ship rifles to dealers for repair/customzing

- non ffl people can ship ammo in accordance with state, local, federal laws

A. nothing is mentioned about dealer-to-dealer or individual-to-dealer

B. talked to someone at fedex ground and was told general guideline:

1. there are caliber and weight limits

2. they wanted a label that says "Caution: Small Arms Ammunition"

http://www.fedex.com/us/services/express/t...s/firearms.html

-firearms can be shipped as long as someone is a dealer

-you must declare them at the customer service counter

Guidlines are easy to follow, but the problem is declaring your firearm and labeling your ammunition makes the local sheep very uncomfortable.

I get to go through this crap again tomorrow when I ship my ammunition.

Happy happy joy joy

Josh

I am getting ready to ship ammo up to Boston for Area 7. I reviewed the federal guidelines for small arms ammo and it is classed as ORM-D. Called UPS Hazmat hotline and was told that the package had to be marked ORM-D and weigh 66lbs. or less. Can't wait to see what I am told at the counter.... :blink:

In general, it's far, far easier to ship ammo by taking it to a handy gun store than trying to do it yourself. They already have the right boxes (it's gotta meet certain specs), correctly marked (ORM-D labels), and most importantly, a delivery driver that doesn't care what's in the boxes.

Once you get 'em into the system, everything's OK, it's just getting the system to accept them that's hard.

My fed-ex routine.

Put gunsmiths address on it, insure it for 2k and put in drop box.

The fed-ex label asks "if anything dangerous" is being shipped.

I check "NO" and ship the damn thing.

Anything wrong with that?

My fed-ex routine.

Put gunsmiths address on it, insure it for 2k and put in drop box.

The fed-ex label asks "if anything dangerous" is being shipped.

I check "NO" and ship the damn thing.

Anything wrong with that?

I think it's only a problem if the package breaks open, or it's lost and you have to file a claim. I'll never declare properly again.

Come to think of it. FEDEX left my pretty new open gun on my doorstep twice. Each time it was marked TRIANGLE GUN SHOP and "Adult Signature Required." If I remember correctly, Benny was pretty hot about it. I was kind of pleased I didn't have to go to the airport to pick it up.

Liota

My workplace has a pretty big account with fedex and it just so happens our account rep walked in and I mentioned the crap I had to go through the other day. He did me a favour and called up the counter and told them I had a package to ship that contained some ammo and let them know it was legit and to send it through.

Dropped off the ammo and wasn't given any problem even with the caution labels. The package still hasn't shown up though on the tracking system yet, so only time will tell.

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

I just sold a pistol and God help me it was an assault pistol. Now UPS and Fed-Ex gave me grief, it would have cost me approx $53 to ship it with either bonehead parcel service. So, I paid a local FFL $10 and shipped it through USPS and cost me $21 priority, insured and tracking label sticker on it. Saved me a little money and made sure no revenues generated for UPS nor FedX with me mailing firearms from now on. If we boycott those bozos they will feel it in their pockets, where it hurts.