Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tri State In Pa This Weekend

We are coming in on Friday.

Plan to hit the range and hope to get a look at the stages.

We are staying in New Staton at the Quality Inn.

I am sure we will hit the Bob Evans Saturday morning for chow. We are heading out after the match. We are shooting at Rayner's on Sunday.

I was wondering when this thread was going to get started?

I'll be there saturday scoping out the stages. Probably wearing my enosverse shirt under a rain jacket.

I'll be shooting sunday wearing my 2002 Area 8 polo shirt ... probably under a rain jacket.

Chriss Grube, Mike Dame,

I just saw the squading lists and we'll be squading together. We will also have a GM Open shooter with us.

I saw the match today, and it is challenging and fun. If you missed a good one if you didn't sign up for this match.

Finished shooting it...Dowter was scoping the stages and helped set up some stages.

Let's see, saw the Ohio folks, saw David Sevigny was a participant in Limited, but did not get to run into him, watched Phil Strader (spelling corrected - who i don't know but was pointed out to me as a very good shooter) walking the stages to shoot tomorrow.

Morning was fun. Humid and hot, did not rain until the last two stages...around 5 or so. Dowter hit it, if you did not sign up for this one you missed a good one!

vluc,

(Phil Strader?)

Thanks for the compliment but I didn't actually help set up any stanges. I did though paste targets on stages with the squad that I was with though. (I tried not to get in the way :D )

Which reminds me. I got to see David Sevigny today (who I saw pasting targets even though he wasn't shooting ) and I talked to him for about a minute. He's a real nice guy which is cool because If I won the factory gun nations by beating a 4 time world champion I would be the most obnoxious primadonna that ever lived. (awwwwwww.... I can't wait for that day. :wub: )

BTW - There has been a little bit of a discussion as how to pronounce Sevigny's last name. So I asked him - /sa - veg - knee/ with the accent mark over the 'veg'. (So no more weird french like pronounciations, ok :angry: )

He's a real nice guy which is cool because If I won the factory gun nations by beating a 4 time world champion I would be the most obnoxious primadonna that ever lived.

:P Come-on-now....Let's not blow that whole thing out of perspective.

Rob was playing with unfamiliar equipment, and we know Dave sleeps with his Glock. Dave knew his chances were better than ever in that match up. :P

O.K., I won't blow it all out of proportion. Sevigny said (at the '03 FGN Awards Ceremony) that he decided after the '02 match that he wanted to win this match. He said he then sepnt the year getting ready. I don't know how much Robbie was hampered by unfamiliar/unreliable equipment; there certainly were all kinds of rumors flying around about that. But I'm pretty sure that Sevigny won the match because he worked his butt off for the past year and because it all came together for him during the match. And he won it by a large margin over a group of shooters who don't exactly suck at this game....

Scores are up on USPSA.

Limited Phil Strader* FY31992

Limited_10 Scott Warren A20457

Open Chris Tilley* TY38861

Production Chris Roper TY43130

Revolver Mike Zahniser A30400

I stunk up the place...didn't shoot a stage without a mistake. (No execution of fundamentals for me. :( )

I got to meet David Sevigny also. Very humble. I even prodded him a little to try to get him to admit he kicked Robbie's butt at the Nationals. All I could get him to say was that he had a great match...was "in the zone". He then brought up the fact that Robbie beat him at the Area 5 not too long before the FGN.

Nice guy.

Stage design and match production were top-notch. This is a match to put on the calendar every year.

Tri-State was a great match, and I'm sorry for anyone who missed it. As for Dave winning the nationals, don't forget....he won the whole thing. Production AND Limited 10. That's not just a fluke. He's the real thing. Probably the next Limited National Champ. He just had a bad match this weekend. Even Gods are allowed that! You're the man Dave.

Phil

I spent all day friday with TGO, and we discussed this several times. In Rob's words "Sevigny clearly was the best shooter there. PERIOD. I shot what I thought was well enough to win, but Dave shot an exceptional match."

Rob made no excuses about equiptment or anything else. He had set mental goals thet he 'knew' would win, and met them. Dave simply out-shot those levels. Rob also said Dave could have been even more ahead as he tripled every target on the last few stages, just to be sure.

Either way, I'd love to watch both in action!

Tom

I was hot and cold...bad and brilliant.

As is usually the case for me, I focus on my latest area of improvement (shooting on the move at any/everything) and execute it well, to the detriment of the execution of fundamentals. (calling the shot, getting points)

This is my natural cycle of improvement. As the new stuff gets to the subconscious, my autopilot mode level goes way up. I like it, it means I'm learning.

Oh yeah...I'm building a dry fire swinger for the basement dry fire extravaganza room.

Tilley just plain dominated open...

SA

I checked the videos out. Worked great for me. Much better quality that the FGN's by the way. Some good shooting in there too, despite a few mistakes here and there. It may not be what either of you guys wanted, but I think we have all been there.