Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Little Brake That Could

PacMan

Yes, it was meant to be for the .22 LR...

As Kurt M. had posted before about this little gem, I got to try it out on a 16" carbine today. Since Tim said that no one has ever put it on a 16" carbine, I thought let's give it a try on my new 16".

Shot it in comparison to Benny's Rolling Thunder, JP-BC, and AKConcepts brakes, all on 16" barrel length. Similar to what Kurt had posted, the Nordic brake worked and almost as well as Benny's Rolling Thunder. Subjectively, I would rank it just ahead of the JP-BC and well ahead of the AKConcepts. For a tiny little brake with only a small expansion chamber ahead of the main port, this thing is amazing! It was also perceptively quieter than all the other brakes, maybe the smaller single port design has something to do with it. Great job Tim for the Saturday morning discovery :cheers:

NCBrake.jpg

NCBrake2.jpg

NCBrake4.jpg

Edited by PacMan

Chris,.....................such shameless self promotion.............

I was merely answering a question to help out a fellow forum member who had obviously lost his way. B) While I did note the availability of the comps in my dealer section as well, I trust the mods will beat me about the head and shoulders if I have strayed from the path of enlightenment. :roflol:

Chris,.....................such shameless self promotion.............

I was merely answering a question to help out a fellow forum member who had obviously lost his way. B) While I did note the availability of the comps in my dealer section as well, I trust the mods will beat me about the head and shoulders if I have strayed from the path of enlightenment. :roflol: did u get some more sure grip for the shotty??? :roflol:

did u get some more sure grip for the shotty???

Now that was completely uncalled for. I resemble that remark. Actually some of my "friends" epoxied my shells in my speedloader tube, so when I went to reload the shotgun I pushed it right out of my hands. Yeah, that's what happened. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Somebody sabotaged me. Tod, help me out here....you're good at this. :devil:

Edited by cpty1

If you want one of these brakes, you should have gone to A6 three gun!! The guys from Nordic threw a ton of them on the prize tables! I won one, but now I will have to build a new AR to fit it. Doesn't life just suck..now I have to build another AR. If I approach my financial advisor from that angle maybe she will let me :goof: Great bunch of guys from Nordic.

+1 for the Nordic Guys

First Class all the way...

:cheers:

If you want one of these brakes, you should have gone to A6 three gun!! The guys from Nordic threw a ton of them on the prize tables! I won one, but now I will have to build a new AR to fit it. Doesn't life just suck..now I have to build another AR. If I approach my financial advisor from that angle maybe she will let me :goof: Great bunch of guys from Nordic.

did u get some more sure grip for the shotty???

Now that was completely uncalled for. I resemble that remark. Actually some of my "friends" epoxied my shells in my speedloader tube, so when I went to reload the shotgun I pushed it right out of my hands. Yeah, that's what happened. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Somebody sabotaged me. Tod, help me out here....you're good at this. :devil:

thread drift.. my bad..... just poking at ya... i know it was a mean trick against ya.... and btw.. thanks for help with the scope cover issue....

Tod, help me out here....you're good at this. :devil:

I've been tryin to get you to let me stipple your shotty but somebody doesn't want to mess up their camoflauge. And it just goes to show the camoflauge doesn't really work that good cuz the RO saw it on the ground. That camo just don't work as advertised. See.....it just goes to show all that camoflauge is slippery anyway :P