Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in trigger for Glocks

Gary1911A1

I saw this on shootingusa.com this past week. What to you Glock Race Fans think of this unit?

http://www.glockwarehouse.com/product_p/gw-ful-drp-sm.htm

Nice looking trigger. Would be illegal for Production, so only of passing interest to me. I've always been happy with my Vanek triggers so I'd be likely to give Charlie's product a first shot if I had I wild hair for a Limited or Open Glock....which I truly don't. YMMV.

Curtis

I saw this on shootingusa.com this past week. What to you Glock Race Fans think of this unit?

Nice looking trigger. Would be illegal for Production, so only of passing interest to me. I've always been happy with my Vanek triggers so I'd be likely to give Charlie's product a first shot if I had I wild hair for a Limited or Open Glock....which I truly don't. YMMV.

Curtis

:) +1

Jim

Vanek has been tried and true for MUCH longer than Glockwrkx, and Vanek offers a Production legal drop in kit.

Charlie is someone that I have called on the phone more than a few times with questions...Glockwerx has yet to respond to any of my emails with simple questions...

YMMV

Vanek is the way to go. The one in my G35 that Scribble sold me is amazing. I came from shooting a 1911 to the Glock with a Vanek and the transition has been easier than I thought with the trigger. Get the Vanek and be done with it.

How does the Vanek feel in relation to the stock trigger?

I like the feel of my stock 34 trigger, just wish it was a bit lighter. I've shot Glocks with very light triggers but they feel too "mushy" to me. The stock trigger has some takeup, then pretty stiff, then snap with a very nice reset. The mushy ultralight triggers just have a smooth mush and light snap with no real positive feel to the reset.

I'm looking for more of the stock trigger feel, maybe just a bit smoother and lighter but not "mushy" at all.

Thanks.

Charlie Vanek does a good trigger job I ran one for several years. SJC also does a nice trigger job. Trigger jobs for the glock have come a long way.

The glockworx fulcrum trigger is different in that you have a ergonomically correct billet aluminum trigger. The trigger and safety are wider and the safety is completely flush when depressed. It's got a real spring for the safety and not the plastic toothpick that provides tension on the glock safety. The over travel and pretravel is completely adjustable, reset is super short, and the big this is that the trigger resets and breaks positive. It does not feel like there are rubber bands in the trigger like the stock trigger. Weight is adjustable with connectors and springs from 2 lbs to 3 lbs. Depending on slide to frame fit your trigger can be sub 2 lbs. I honestly can't feel or see a difference between 1 lbs and 2 lbs when under the timer. I can tell the difference in trigger reset though. Needs to reset and break at the same points each time.

If you buy a glockworx trigger, shoot it for 30 days. If you don't think it meets your expectation I'll refund you minus the shipping.

I'm looking for more of the stock trigger feel, maybe just a bit smoother and lighter but not "mushy" at all.

Just do the .25 cent job. You should be gold.

Jim

Thanks. Did the .25 trigger job and it's PERFECT!!! This is exactly the feel I was looking for. Thanks again for the advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Well to date I have had dozens of people give opinions on the Glockworx trigger, but nobody that has actually owned one. I now own and have installed a Glockworx Standard trigger kit. The standard model uses what appears to be a factory trigger and bar- so I would imagine that it would be Production legal. The kit wasn't cheap, but it was worth what it cost. It included a lightened steel striker, 2 different striker springs (2 and 3#) a new trigger bar, trigger return spring and ejector housing with adjustment screws, a titanium plunger and plunger spring and spring cups. The installation was extremely straightforward and the trigger slack and reset screws were set perfectly from the get go.

The trigger is fantastic. No take up, light break with an extremely good reset (less than 3# I would say). The trigger action is short, but I can still get a surprise break. I love the reset that I get with it, short and noticeable with both audible and tactile reset cues. I haven't shot it yet, so I can't speak to reliabilty with Rem primers. I'll respond again after I try it out tomorrow. I was looking at the Vanek super trigger as well, but this kit gave me more tuning options with the adjustment screws and the different striker springs; and it was a little cheaper.

To be honest, I like this trigger in part because it fits in with my style. Too clean of a break and I tend to anticipate the shot. Too light of a break, and I pull right through. Short cycling is a regular trick for me, so the positive reset is a boon.

I have two of them with some work I have both of them at 18oz one in a 17 the other in a 22. You can make them just like 1911 except lighter, little pretravel and no over travel. My glock 34 I have it at 16oz with Glock parts except for the striker spring which is a wolf spring with very little pretravel and very little over travel. I did not move any holes or anything in the original Glock trigger pad or bar to accomplish the 16 oz trigger. (Yes it can be done with a stock Glock trigger) They are all totally reliable have fired over 1k rounds through each.

Glockworx is a great sponser of our sport...I won two of the trigger kits, one in my sons 17 and one in my 34....love it! Now I don't have the experience of the other triggers but if it is not broke, don't fix it.

Long live Glockworx!

The standard model uses what appears to be a factory trigger and bar- so I would imagine that it would be Production legal.

You cannot see it without pulling out the trigger but we welded a steel tab behind the trigger. This is the what sets the pre travel and over travel. Next time you have the gun apart look into the back of the trigger. With the fulcrum we went with set screws that was not possible with the factory polymer trigger. Does the same thing but with way more adjustability. We have tuned and fitted some fulcrum triggers to individuals guns that are stupid crazy (sub one pound and positive)

If the standard trigger has adjustment screws in the ejector housing, it isn't production legal. :unsure: I asked John Amidon this question (about internal adjustment screws) a couple of weeks ago. Answer: Not legal. FWIW, he also stated there was no provision for disassembling a competitors gun to check.

The "any internal mods are ok" went out with the new rule book.

John stated that it is not one of the authorized modifications in Appendix D.

He's right. The interesting question would be if eliminating these internal mods to eliminate pre-travel/over travel was part of the Board's intent when wording the rules regarding modifications as they now exist.

I'd bet there are a LOT of these illegal internal mods being used in Production guns.

I guess this should probably be in the USPSA Rules forum.

I think that it is a superb addition to a glock. It uses top quality materials and is is well made. It gives you a very quick and crisp pull. I did not even adjust it. I simply dropped it in my 35 and could not be any happier after having fired approximately 2,000 rounds.

I shot a match today and I am utterly sold on the Glockworx kit.

Of course, now I guess that I'm an outlaw....

..... with no provisions for inspection?!?

I used to race cars and any mod (legal or not) that helped performance and was not part of the "technical inspection protocol" in the event of a grievance was pretty much a given for all cars.

Edited by VegasOPM

It ain't cheating if you don't get caught?

I don't think that is our game.

+1. Why doesn't someone from Glockworks contact John Amadon and get official rulings on each of their triggers and post it here on the forums, as opposed to using a "don't ask don't tell" cheating policy.