Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

May buy a 650. What is my like new 550B worth?

It's less than a year old , about 2000 rounds loaded, like new condition, complete with all that came with incl the packaging. What should i ask for it?

edit: would incl a cover and tool holder, as i see these don't work with the 650.

Thanks

Edited by KeithB

As others have said, selling your 550 is a bad idea as they have no value whatsoever. None, nada, zero.

As a BE brother however I will be willing to step up to the plate and take this valueless piece of clutter out of your home for $100. :rolleyes:

Edited by Neomet

As others have said, selling your 550 is a bad idea as they have no value whatsoever. None, nada, zero.

As a BE brother however I will be willing to step up to the plate and take valueless piece of clutter out of your home for $100. :rolleyes:

Sorry Neomet,

I sent a PM before your 11:25 PM post so I have first dibs. Also, I made threats...... :roflol:

All kidding aside, if you cannot afford both, I'd say 85-90% of new. Dillon has such a strong warranty, buying used is really like buying new.

True, I sold my SDB for about 85% of current cost, which was much more than I paid for it years ago. It helped finance the cost of my 650.

Are you really considering of selling your 550, I want to start reloading. PM me if you decided to sell it and as to how much. Thanks.

All kidding aside, if you cannot afford both, I'd say 85-90% of new. Dillon has such a strong warranty, buying used is really like buying new.

True, I sold my SDB for about 85% of current cost, which was much more than I paid for it years ago. It helped finance the cost of my 650.

• 3 weeks later...
I sold mine after I purchased a 650..........BIG MISTAKE !!

I had a 550. sold it after I went to a 650 right after the 650 came out. This year I got a 1050 and replaced my 550 (for all those calibers the 1050 won't load) Was boxing my 650 up to sell on ebay and nearly broke down crying. Now I have a 1050 and 550 on my loading bench with a boxed 650 in the garage... Guess I need another loading bench to put the 650 back on (and maybe fit the SL900 on too) And then of course, I have to figure out what I'm going to load that .50BMG on next... (doesn't matter that I don't own a .50 BMG yet. I will someday!)

It's less than a year old , about 2000 rounds loaded, like new condition, complete with all that came with incl the packaging. What should i ask for it?

edit: would incl a cover and tool holder, as i see these don't work with the 650.

Thanks

:surprise: I have a 650, and two 550s. The 650 is a great press, but I think that the 550 is the greatest press ever contrived :roflol::roflol:

You'll be sorry if you sell it :rolleyes:

In my opinion keep it, in case of financial difficulties, keep it!

Find a way to get the 650, I like 650's I have 2. I also have the 550's that I owned before the second 650 came along.

Spare presses are like condoms. Keep one handy you never know when you will need it.