Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Selling guns the....

GIO

Have you ever sold a few Guns to fund another "must have project" then just when you get the money together some real life BS pops up and you have to spend the money. You are left without funding for your new gun and you don't even have the old ones.

Pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!

Perspective:

Imagine if you didn't have anything to convert into cash and real world BS pops up.

It's annoying, but only a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. here's to hoping you get something even better than you expected.

You can sell a gun? Isn't that like selling your kids (not that I haven't been tempted a time or two)?

Not really, guns don't cry if you tell them they're getting traded in for a better one :surprise::devil:

Yes...sold my SP01 Custom Shop on a Saturday AM and had to replace the family room big screen TV THAT afternoon via a phone call. Yes, it sucked, but I'm glad I had the $$ in hand, or we would have been stuck watching the 20" POS that is sitting out in the garage, if it worked at all. Believe me, Momma required that I replace the dead 42" with the same size or bigger. I complied, as I have no desire to spend the night with my big stinky dog on the couch.

Yes...sold my SP01 Custom Shop on a Saturday AM and had to replace the family room big screen TV THAT afternoon via a phone call. Yes, it sucked, but I'm glad I had the $ in hand, or we would have been stuck watching the 20" POS that is sitting out in the garage, if it worked at all. Believe me, Momma required that I replace the dead 42" with the same size or bigger. I complied, as I have no desire to spend the night with my big stinky dog on the couch.

Can't you just wash the dog?

-ld

TV ? :surprise: " There's nothing on TV I'd trade a Sigma for much less a gun I liked. But you might have broken the Golden rule of extra money. Never speak of extra money around appliances or automobiles they will hear you.

Edited by Joe4d

Yep. Sold my backup Limited gun which had lived in the safe and ridden around in the bag to matches for three years without a shot fired to fund an Open gun. Was all ready to call the smith and get things rolling. The main commuter car died two weeks later. Well over half the book value to fix it and then who knows what would go wrong so no choice but to replace it.

Gun fund will recover, eventually but my plans to play in Open for 2009 are toast.

Thankfully the gun fund isn't invested in the market.