Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War

jhgtyre

Yeah the H2 blows. What is it about box-like corrugated sheetmetal? Now Mercedes is selling some kind of boxy SUV, too. The original isn't so great anyway (well, not without a M2 or Mk119 or TOW or something). Heck, it got whooped by all but the Land Rover Disco in this shootout. (Hey, the winner sure looks familiar.)

I hate the Ford F150 I had for a while as a rental car. This POS is America's #1 selling truck? (Or vehicle, period?)

Now, a Unimog, that's a vehicle.

You GO, Bonedaddy!

Try to explain locking differetials to someone who is bragging up their new "four wheel drive", and nine times out of ten, they will point to the 4x4 stickers on the fender in an attempt to prove all four of their wheels DO transmit power! OK, you can call your Explorer a 4x4, and call me the first time it leaves pavement. I hate wannabees!

An unnamed inlaw bought a Landrover Disco for a 4x4, I don't have the heart to tell him that tests show my wifes car (Subaru Forester) outperforms it offroad!

I will take my 69 3/4 ton Dodge Powerwagon with the locking Dana 60 dangly things underneath. To upgrade to the next level would cost me more than 50g's (H1 or Unimog), and driving the old truck just brings you back to the simpler times, when trucks had something like 19 wires total underhood, if you counted the plug wires! Yet some people make fun of an old truck :wacko:

Back in Mesa, I drove a 64 3/4 ton IH pickup with a unstoppable drivetrain and a homeade wooden tailgate. Across the back it read:

When your shiny new Nissan goes out to pasture,

my old International will be dragging it's ass there!

Some people just didn't get it.............

I thoroughly despise the H2. And while I'm at it, I hate jacked-up 4x4's with those ridiculous fat tires as well. I knew a guy with a stock Landcruiser with just the regular skinny tires and he used to just womp ass all over the punks in the jacked-up egotrip mobiles. Those stupid tires only gain you about 1 or 2 inches in ground clearance and only make your truck prone to tipping over. Technique and skill are what get you through the sh*t.

`