Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vanek Custom

Bagger02

Just installed the Vanek Super Trigger Kit (Limited G35). If you have the cash I would highly recommend it.

I am new to USPSA and pretty new to shooting in general also an Engineer so like numbers.

This is approx. data from a couple of shooting sessions before and after the install. Accuracy

seemed to improve as well but that is harder to measure.

Times are typical units in (Seconds)

Before the Vanek (0.25 Cent Trigger Job/LWD trigger stop)

======================================

Split range (0.33 - 0.42)

Bill Drill (3.6 - 4.0)

After (Venek Super Trigger Kit)

===========================

Split range (0.23 - 0.29)

Bill Drill (3.0 - 3.5)

Also did a 59% El-Prez (9.09, -2) Never got close to this level before (previous best was ~40%)

I have the GM kit in my g35, man is it sweet. Every one who has dry fired it now has trigger envy..... I wish I was able to shoot it to the cabability the gun now has!!!!! :)

Shaun

I'm seeing a possible trigger upgrade for my G22,but I can't make up my mind which one to get,or to even get one at all.I'm running a 25 cent,Scherer 3.5 connector,and a Wolff +power trigger spring.The trigger isn't to bad as is(former wheelgunner),so I'm wondering,how much better does it get?Are these kits $130 better than what I run now,or is the money better spent on bullets?I'm NOT trying to stir any pots here,I'm just a Glock newbie looking for opinions.-Mike

I'm seeing a possible trigger upgrade for my G22,but I can't make up my mind which one to get,or to even get one at all.I'm running a 25 cent,Scherer 3.5 connector,and a Wolff +power trigger spring.The trigger isn't to bad as is(former wheelgunner),so I'm wondering,how much better does it get?Are these kits $130 better than what I run now,or is the money better spent on bullets?I'm NOT trying to stir any pots here,I'm just a Glock newbie looking for opinions.-Mike

Mike,

How much better is a good question. Speaking only for myself. Vaneks triggers are at least 3 times better than my best effort.

Word of caution. All my crappy "trigger jobs" felt like smooth 5# factory triggers. Charlies feel like racing triggers because they are. Don't buy one for carry. Your .25 cent job is fine.

Jim

Excellent question Mike! A Vanek trigger IS NOT going to skyrocket you to Master class and allow you to slay your former adversaries...nor is any Glock modification. There is no Glock mod available that substitutes proper technique and routine training.

Consider the following: Dave Sevigny wins the Limited 10 division with a Limited Glock that has no magwell. Obviously magwells are useful when performing a reload but he went without. It was his skill and training that allowed him to prevail against $2000-3000 custom guns.

That being said, is an excellent trigger going to hinder your performance? Nah. Does Vanek make the best Glock triggers on the market? Yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

Now is this the $130 Classic kits or the $150 Super kits that you guys are running?The Classic is going to be lighter and crisper,but still have about the same take-up and reset as stock,right?And the Super is going to be all that,plus have a shorter take-up?I guess I'd like to keep the take-up and nice strong reset I have now.I love that reset.-Mike

My Production G17 has the Classic. ($130.00 shipped)

His other Production legal kit is the Classic Grand Master Trigger Kit.

It includes a modified stock striker with pre-travel and over-travel

adjustment capabilities.

The G35 I use in Limited is now called the Super Grand Master Trigger Kit.

It has modifications that disallow it's use in Production.

Hope this helped.

Jim

I'm really seriously considering buying the drop in kit for my IDPA Glock 34. It ain't cheap, but the more I read about it the more it sounds like money well spent.

I was thinking about one for a G34 also. The 34 already comes with a lighter trigger than other Glocks. I wonder how much of a difference the classic will make?

TIA for all replies.

I'm really seriously considering buying the drop in kit for my IDPA Glock 34. It ain't cheap, but the more I read about it the more it sounds like money well spent.

I was thinking about one for a G34 also. The 34 already comes with a lighter trigger than other Glocks. I wonder how much of a difference the classic will make?

TIA for all replies.

Night & Day difference.