Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Boarding up!

Aircooled6racer

Hello: I hate boarding up my house. It is a pain in the a$$ but that is what you have to when you live on the coast. Thanks, Eric

Eric,

A lot of my buddies from my area are down there working. I hope to stay up here, but may be sent there this weekend as well. Take care of yourself and the family. I'll PM you if I head that way.

Eric,

Yes, it is a PITA, and I can definitely empathize. As a Florida native, I am all too familiar with the process. My solution was to pre-drill and install carriage bolts on the outside of the area I would normally board up, and have pre-drilled panels in the garage. I can have the entire house boarded up and secured in less than hour all by myself. I hope all is well with you and yours, keep us posted.

Move.

<_< I had something rather sharp and snappy to say to that, but it wouldn't be in the spirit of this forum, so I'll keep it to myself.

move.
Really. you went there... thats kinda selfish and mean. I used to live WAY south of New Orleans. Yes I got out of there only because I joined the military and I still want to go back... its home, where I grew up. Most ppl who live in Corpus and along the coast of Texas are either fishermen or they work in the oil field and dont feel like driving 8-12 hours just go get to a helicopter or a boat to get back off-shore. It's a way of live that ppl choose to deal with and theyve been doing it for years and years. so dont just tell someone to MOVE. its impolite and just downright rude. how would you like it if I told you to buy a new gun cause you didnt like the trigger. its something you can deal with for a while till you can find a better setup. some ppl just choose to deal with it. Edited by glock34insa

Haven't taken all my boards down from Gustav. I don't think Ike has made his mind up yet as to where he wants to go.

You, Sir, are a wise man. The forecast track keeps shifting little by little to the north. Houston and Galveston are in its sights now. 48+ hours to landfall. Anything could happen.

The news outlets are talking about "storm fatigue". I hope no one on the North Texas Coast and Southwest Louisiana Coast are complacent about Ike.

Hello: I did move from 5 months of snow :cheers: I don't miss cleaning the snow off the windshield, 3 times a day. Nailing up boards a couple of times a year is not so bad. Being able to shoot outside 12 months a year and going to the beach all year long is great. Lastly being able to own a pistol and a CHL is priceless. I still like to go downhill skiing once in a while though. Thanks, Eric