Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD(M) 9mm

Middle Man

Yesterday I spoke to the Cust Serv lady that picked up the phone at Springfield and she told me:

9mm is shipping out to dealers and will be available for sale in 30 days.

9mm takes 19 rds, the 40 takes 16 (I think she said)

Backstraps that swap out like the MP gun from SW

Rear sight looks like a fixed Dawson esque front is still the standard non FO front

Old XD mags and XDM mags are not interchangeable either way, this is the main bummer for me as I am broke out in 9mm XD hi caps

Scott at Springer Precision e mailed me the other day and he said he is shooting the XDM 40 and loves the new grip and balance.

I dont know if the new gun will fit in old XD holsters, but Scott would know, it looks like the slide profile is a little different

I will probably get an XD tact 40 (old school) and run a 9mm barrel in it for cheaper practice ammo for a 3 gun pistol

• 1 month later...

I heard today that Springfield will eventually build a XDM 9 version with a 5 3/8" barrel. Anyone else heard this or is this just a dirty little rumor?

I may not get it but the XDM 9 is on my Christmas wish list.

I spoke with a West coast SA rep today and the stores are getting 1 XDM 9mm until the big shipment which should be in a few weeks. Something about a big trade show this last weekend.

The 9mm is saw was the 4 1/2" version, but I can make you one with up to a 6" barrel if you want. This one is 2 years from when I was told it would be released, so I wouldn't hold your breath for the next version.

I spoke with a West coast SA rep today and the stores are getting 1 XDM 9mm until the big shipment which should be in a few weeks. Something about a big trade show this last weekend.

The 9mm is saw was the 4 1/2" version, but I can make you one with up to a 6" barrel if you want. This one is 2 years from when I was told it would be released, so I wouldn't hold your breath for the next version.

Thanks Scott. I was just curious if this was a rumor or for real.

I spoke with a West coast SA rep today and the stores are getting 1 XDM 9mm until the big shipment which should be in a few weeks. Something about a big trade show this last weekend

I've received 10 last week from my distributor, both bi-tone and black.

Rich