Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Ice mag well

EkuJustice

What keeps the front of the mag well on the dawson ice mag wells up on the gun and not wobbleing around. I have seen another mag well that is brass and it wobbles around very bad in the front of the gun as there is nothing to hold it on. I think its a glockmeister. Just checking to see how solid it is and what keeps the front from wobbeling before i buy one

What keeps the front of the mag well on the Dawson ice mag wells up on the gun and not wobbleing around.

Small hands. :)

Joking aside. I don't run a magwell, but I've handled a few. The Dawson would be about the only one I'd go with. It gives a bit more room for my hands and the fit is good. The other brands that I have tried (most of what is out there) don't leave me with room to spare.

Maybe somebody with more experience with magwells will chime in.

• 1 month later...
I was told that you dont use a plug with the dawson

ice magwell. are we talking about the plug for dust

protection that fills the whole at the bottom back of

the grip.

My Dawson magwells absolutely use brass plugs that fit into the rearmost portion of the grips. In fact, you can order different magwells (heavy vs. super heavy) from Dawson that make use of brass plugs or varying size.

Your prior source of information was mistaken.

I've been running a brass magwell made (I think) by T.H.E. I have one on a G35 Limited gun and a G17 Open gun, and both fit snuggly and don't wobble. Dawsons are cool, but I'm satisfied with mine.

I also have the brass T.H.E. magwell in addition to the ICE. The T.H.E. is not a bad magwell at in fact I like it but I just think that the Dawson is a better product IMHO.

What keeps the front of the mag well on the dawson ice mag wells up on the gun and not wobbleing around. I have seen another mag well that is brass and it wobbles around very bad in the front of the gun as there is nothing to hold it on. I think its a glockmeister. Just checking to see how solid it is and what keeps the front from wobbeling before i buy one

I just put together a new glock 17C and installed a dawson brass mag well on it. When first installed it would not come up tight in the front when it was tightened up. I shaved a little brass from the front of the plug and it pulled it up tight on the front of the grip. Nice and tight and does not move at all also looks good.

Jim

I just mounted one on today and it takes all my different basepads, Taylor Freelance and Dawson. I've now got 3 and while 2 work the 3rd and most expensive, a Novak has failed me as has the company. My first one replaced the Novak, which was guaranteed to take the Taylors and everything else. Mr. Novak has seen to it I'll never buy anything from him again. He has never made good on this $80 mag well he promised to replace. I can't wait to try the ICE at the next match.

Racine

What holds the magwell on the frame is the brass plug in the back and also the front of the magwell on the inside where it meets the grip it has a little pocket that you have to slip over the protruding part of the factory magwell. So it goes over that and then secures on the brass plug. Very secure method of mounting IMO.