Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who else makes 2011 frames?

cdrissel

How about making a interchangeable gripped CZ/Tanfoglio patterned gun?

The 75 is one of the most copied semi auto designs in handgun history- second only to the 1911. Interestingly, the company that invented the 75 (CZ) never patented the design - which is why there were copies out by the mid 1980s (and the fact that it was hard to officially import guns to the US from behind the iron curtain). The Bren 10 is a direct copy of the 75's design.

CZ's TS and the Tanfoglio Gold and Silver lines are capable of wining any USPSA or IPSC competition as is (in fact, the reigning World Champ uses a 75-variant). With some innovation (like your grip frame idea) then perhaps they will start dominating in the USA and world-wide. I for one think that the sport & the shooter benefit from brand competition.

Edited by Carlos

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an analogy to the question, is it ethical for generic drug makers to make a drug that is cheaper than the original patented version. Yes it is. Patents are there to protect the original investment, to allow the owner to achieve a return on investment for the idea. This is America, home of the free enterprise system which protects the rights of inventors. But that protect expires as per our legal system.

BTW: Have any of you seen the new SV metal frames?

Will these make a huge impact on the sport? Who knows but there are folks that like an all metal gun like Caspian. It is available in a bunch of different configurations.

SV again has advance the technology of our sport. They seem bent on improving rather than just settling for..

Innovation is a good thing!

BTW I do not work for SV or any other gun maker.

I would like to see the frame in Titanium for my open gun. And I do already have a Sti frame. I have been looking at the new metal grip stuff and thought this might help offset the weight. I even would like a dust cover as long as my comp with out the extra weight, for that superbad blaster look ! The cost is not as important to me as the custom look ( Though I do custom body work ) my customers don't seem to mind either. If its different build it, most buyers looking at this custom part will have a grip or will buy another from Sti anyway. I doesn't seem like you are talking about making a 10,000 frames anyway. You would be the proverbial spec on the wall. Take custom orders for wild materials and space age shapes and u got me. I have a bench top Smithy and make sight knobs, mag buttons, rackers, among other little things and sell the to my friends to buy more tooling . Good luck !

• 1 month later...
I still would like to see a nice bar stock Swenson. I would use Swenson's if they weren't junk to start with.

Hmm. Are they really that poor? The ones Dan Bedell modded for me are pretty nice :)

Swensons safeties are pieces of s__t disguised as safeties. The amount of time spent on them after fitting them for operation just to make them useable is why frame mounted thumb shields are what I use now. Less money and easier fo fit plus tey dont break like swensons.

I have used the thumb guards made by Brazos in all my open guns, they are terrific. Go to Brazoscustom.com and then to their "parts store" link. Then follow:

Home > Frame-related Parts > Miscellaneous > Thumbguard, BCG