Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being reminded of aging

ChuckS

Age is relative. Even with asthma and chronic back problems, I'm healthier now at 52 then when I was in my late thirties. Quality of life is everything. As long as I'm able to function efficiently with all of my faculties intact, I'm going to continue enjoying the time the Good Lord has allotted me to spend in this air breathing body. :)

A bunch of us were standing aroound last week when one of the kids (30 something) started whining about his head turning grey. One of the guys who's over sixty removed his cowboy hat, bowed his bald head and smiled, "be glad it's just grey, next step is pink". :roflol:

A comment I've often repeated:

I have to grow old but I don't have to grow up.

I look at the semi-bald grey haired fellow with the big belly every morning. Sometimes it's kinda depressing.

But as long as I wake up on the green side of the sod....Life is Good :cheers:

“We don’t quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.”

George Bernard Shaw

dj

edited becuz i cant spel

Edited by dajarrel

• 2 weeks later...
Age is relative. Even with asthma and chronic back problems, I'm healthier now at 52 then when I was in my late thirties. Quality of life is everything. As long as I'm able to function efficiently with all of my faculties intact, I'm going to continue enjoying the time the Good Lord has allotted me to spend in this air breathing body. :)

^5's another '56er

While checking out at a pharmacy, the cashier (white, 20 something female) hands me my change and I notice there's a Wheat Penny in it. Of course, I made a big deal out of it, saying how cool it was, etc. The cashier asked me if it was American money. :o

I didn't realize I could actually feel my whiskers turning gray until that moment.