Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P9L production list?

dcarter

The best answer I can give is that when the production schedule is set there are many factors that determine what and how many of a particular model are built. Keep in mind that the M&P line has many SKU's in just 9mm alone and that the Pro & 9L aren't just for the competition market. Then add all the other calibers, sizes, safeties, etc to that along with the many firearms the company manufactures... determining what gets made and when is not something I would want to have to figure out. :)

Thanks,

Julie

Hey Julie,

Any new word on the 9L?

Any chance it will be legal by Area 6?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best answer I can give is that when the production schedule is set there are many factors that determine what and how many of a particular model are built. Keep in mind that the M&P line has many SKU's in just 9mm alone and that the Pro & 9L aren't just for the competition market. Then add all the other calibers, sizes, safeties, etc to that along with the many firearms the company manufactures... determining what gets made and when is not something I would want to have to figure out. :)

Thanks,

Julie

Hey Julie,

Any new word on the 9L?

Any chance it will be legal by Area 6?

Are we getting close?

Ordered my M&P Pro today....already have 8 spare mags on the way :cheers:

I fear that once the Pro made the list, no one is buying the 9L. It's beginning to look like I will be shooting limited minor at Area 6. :(

Scott, your welcome to use my 9Pro at Area 6 if you like. It has the Dawson adjustable front and rear and an Accurate Iron trigger job. It needs some breaking in. ;)

Thanks for the offer. My gunsmith is supposed to have my 6" STI done this week also, but I'm not sure I will be comfortable with a new gun and just a few weeks of practice. I'll have to make some sort of decision in the next couple of weeks.

Scott

Hi everyone,

We are getting closer and are over 1500 units. I don't have access to production information though so I don't know what the schedule is to build more. As soon as I learn more, I will let you know.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

All the best,

Julie

Hi everyone,

We are getting closer and are over 1500 units. I don't have access to production information though so I don't know what the schedule is to build more. As soon as I learn more, I will let you know.

All the best,

Julie

1500 in 9 months. I doubt the other 500 will be done in the next 3 weeks.

Hi everyone,

All the best,

Julie

1500 in 9 months. I doubt the other 500 will be done in the next 3 weeks.

Not what I wanted to hear either, but they could do 500 in three weeks if it is time to do them. I am pretty sure they do them in runs. So while the numbers aren't there today they could be next week if it is time to do a run of 9Ls.

I guess I will just have to shoot my M&P9Open

Just last night I noticed that the M&P 9L is approved for IPSC Production, but the Pro is specifically not allowed. Just thought that was kinda funny....

Where did you see that?

Just last night I noticed that the M&P 9L is approved for IPSC Production, but the Pro is specifically not allowed. Just thought that was kinda funny....

Where did you see that?

On ipsc.org under the rules section. As I understand it, the Glock 34/35 is also not approved because it's a gamer gun designed for competition with the longer slide and the 3.5lb trigger (now called 4lb) rather than the stock 5.5lb trigger. They seem to be against competition versions of normal carry guns.

It's my understanding that the minimum trigger pull rule makes the pro illegal for IPSC.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it still too early to start wondering if a .22 conversion is in the works? If S&W isn't interested then maybe an independent company is?

I'm looking to pick up another production gun. Due to the price of ammo, the availability of a .22 conversion is something I'm factoring into the decision-making process. (I'll probably ask the same question about the GP6 on another thread, too.)

Is it still too early to start wondering if a .22 conversion is in the works? If S&W isn't interested then maybe an independent company is?

I'm looking to pick up another production gun. Due to the price of ammo, the availability of a .22 conversion is something I'm factoring into the decision-making process. (I'll probably ask the same question about the GP6 on another thread, too.)

Rumors heard that Tactical Solutions talked about making one next year.