Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have been using the new Google Chrome browser and I have to say the speed of web pages have improved dramatically including this forum. I think I'll dump IE. :cheers:

Here is the free download for anyone not able to find it http://www.google.com/chrome

I have yet to try it.

Firefox is worlds better then IE.. and doesn't have the interesting EULA like Chrome does..

I tried and like it but will be sticking with FF for now; I'm too addicted to my add-ons and there's not much customizing for Chrome just yet. Nice start for Google though, once it's a little more polished it may be my next browser of choice.

I also heard that Google is very interested in the marketing aspects of the browser. They want to compile information on the user's interests and browsing habits so that they can more accurately target market you for their advertisers. I prefer to be as anonymous as possible. I think I will try out IE8 and see how that works.

I also heard that Google is very interested in the marketing aspects of the browser. They want to compile information on the user's interests and browsing habits so that they can more accurately target market you for their advertisers. I prefer to be as anonymous as possible. I think I will try out IE8 and see how that works.

Google Chrome's Fine Print Spurs Privacy Concerns

…when you download Chrome, you receive a unique browser identifier number. That means Google not only knows what people are typing, but Google also knows what browser it came from.

Chrome is in beta, so is MSIE8. I never play with beta releases of anything on any system that I care about. The only time I'll beta test anything (ezwinscore) is when I fire up a guest machine under microsoft virtual pc and try it there. That way, if it fries the guest machine, I don't care and I'll just copy over one file to put everything back the way it was.