Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benos forum setting off antivirus alerts

I am getting a ton of anti-virus alerts only while surfing on this forum. Is anyone else noticing this or have and ideas about a solution? The program that is tagging these files is Trend Micro AntiVirus software.

Get a MAC

"Get a MAC"

That's kinda like shouting at a disabled person to "Get a job!" :angry2::wacko:

Meanwhile, have not received any such notices. Never have had problems with this forum that I know of.

Siggy

Are you insinuating that PC's are disabled? :roflol:

Haven't had a problem. I dumped Trend Micro a while back. It became a pain in the arse for many reasons. Updates and subscription problems mainly.

I will probably do the same. Any suggestions on the best software?

I'm no expert. Seriously, I don't know nothin', but I'm currently running Norton Internet Security and SpyEraser. I'm happy with the combination so far.

Haven't had a problem. I dumped Trend Micro a while back. It became a pain in the arse for many reasons. Updates and subscription problems mainly.

AVG Anti Virus and Lava Soft Ad Aware for spyware - free versions of both for the asking.

Merlin is 100% correct, if you have to run an inferior computer, such as a Winblows PC, use AVG for sure!!!

Something for you Mac wussies....

Choose the one most applicable to yourself.

1 - It's too expensive. Even some of the eggheads that run academia are switching over to PC's because of the cost. Better still, some of those are switching to Linux! I can practically build 2 high-end PC's that will slaughter a Mac for what I can buy a high-end Mac for.

2 - The fact that I can't build one, at least not without using proprietary hardware means it's the ultimate in "closed source."

3 - Some Mac users are the most arrogant, condescending people I've ever seen. From the way they talk about other operating systems to the way they talk about their own. They say, "I use a Mac of course" like their something special. They aren't. They talk about their OS being elegant. Elegant??? An OS??? Fast, stable, and secure are all good ways to describe an OS but elegant??? Wussies

4 - Despite what you think, Macs don't look good to most of us geeks. We do a much better job at making our cases look good than Apple ever will. (Remember when the big deal at one Mac show was that they rotated the Apple logo on their laptops? It was so pathetic it was funny!)

5 - When XP came out it was accused of being bloated and "Fisher Price" like, what does that make "Jag-Wire"? I can easily strip all those features from XP (and I have).

6 - Everyone in Hollywood seems to use them. Do I need a better reason?

7 - Did I mention it's too expensive???

Of course if you want be to change my mind, have Apple send me the fastest thing they have and I'll give it a fair shake. Since I'm not wealthy I can't afford it on my own.

Merlin is 100% correct, if you have to run an inferior computer, such as a Winblows PC, use AVG for sure!!!

Something for you Mac wussies....

Choose the one most applicable to yourself.

1 - It's too expensive. Even some of the eggheads that run academia are switching over to PC's because of the cost. Better still, some of those are switching to Linux! I can practically build 2 high-end PC's that will slaughter a Mac for what I can buy a high-end Mac for.

2 - The fact that I can't build one, at least not without using proprietary hardware means it's the ultimate in "closed source."

3 - Some Mac users are the most arrogant, condescending people I've ever seen. From the way they talk about other operating systems to the way they talk about their own. They say, "I use a Mac of course" like their something special. They aren't. They talk about their OS being elegant. Elegant??? An OS??? Fast, stable, and secure are all good ways to describe an OS but elegant??? Wussies

4 - Despite what you think, Macs don't look good to most of us geeks. We do a much better job at making our cases look good than Apple ever will. (Remember when the big deal at one Mac show was that they rotated the Apple logo on their laptops? It was so pathetic it was funny!)

5 - When XP came out it was accused of being bloated and "Fisher Price" like, what does that make "Jag-Wire"? I can easily strip all those features from XP (and I have).

6 - Everyone in Hollywood seems to use them. Do I need a better reason?

7 - Did I mention it's too expensive???

Of course if you want be to change my mind, have Apple send me the fastest thing they have and I'll give it a fair shake. Since I'm not wealthy I can't afford it on my own.

If you add a choice all of the above except #6, it might help :cheers:

I use AVG...

Trend has a false positive on TROJ_GENERIC.ADV they say you should update your def file...

AVG Anti Virus and Lava Soft Ad Aware for spyware - free versions of both for the asking.

That's what I use too....

I currently changed to CA Anti-Virus, a fairly simple but effective program that DOESN'T take tons of system resources but seems to operate consistently. Though not as robust (bells and whistles and extra services--many of which are not needed for the average user) as, say, Kasperskey Labs' Anti-Virus program, the CA-AV seems to cover the bases (user may schedule scans to suit him/herself) and even updates itself three times a day without choking the system.

I used AVG ver. 7.5 for ages and liked it; then they updated to a rather bloated ver. 8 and people began having problems--some did, some didn't. I certainly did. Eventually landed on CA-AV. It's $35/year.

Again, seemingly no problems relating to this forum.