Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frank Cruz - Open Division and Overall Match Winner

Mike Voight - Modified Division Winner

Kepa Zubizarreta - Production Division Winner

Not sure about Limited/Standard.

I am sure they results will be posted on the http://www.renonevadaopen.com website.

Fun, tough stages, lots of noshoots. Here is my match vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoCcwu7tVkU

Edited by HoMiE

HoMie, great video thanks for sharing. Great technique on the "All Around" stage; nobody in our squad did it that way. Our great RO Lynn snapped his knee shooting that stage, very unfortunate. A lot had a hard time shooting the long range plate rack, I wonder if anybody beat my time :cheers:

Kudos to Johnny, Tanner and the rest who put the match together. Hope they make it yearly.

Norbert, I think Billy won that stage but you were at the top. I wish they would make it a yearly match, but Johhy said every 3 like WS.

Flyin, the plate rack was around 37~38 yards. But the plates weren't the normal size, they were like 6". Felt like they were 2" while shooting. I started on that stage, what a way to start the match. Some just shot the paper and blasted 6 shots at the rack and called it quits. I didn't even think about using the doorway as a barricade and shooting it bianchi style till after the match.

Hi Mitch,

Enjoyed your video as usual!

Great to see you there. And congrats for placing in M class.

Wish the stage they threw out was not one of my clean runs!

On my last stage had 2 malfuctions on Time Bomb due to a broken slide release spring. Cumulative +32 rd

stages took a toll on my gun.

Leo

Norbert, I think Billy won that stage but you were at the top.

That's a given, was just wondering who. Would be a shame if a C class shooter beat 'em GMs. I might shoot the Oregon Sectional Championship and see you guys again, I wish formal introductions were made as we were just hanging around together and not knowing who's who.

Edited by norbs007

Results are up on website now.

Barry Dueck won that standards stage. Unfortunately for him, he broke his slide on his modified gun and zero'd his last stage, stage 6 big points stage too.

Congrats on your placing. If Barry did not reshoot and kept his GOOD first run he might have won the division.

Anyway, made 1st in Open C...yoohoo! :cheers:

The dust usually just comes and goes quickly. The wind kind of casuses havoc with blowing poppers over, but RO stops and gives reshoot. I heard one guy say the wind doesn't blow in Reno, it sucks.

I was taking a look at the HFs for these stages. Weighing the HF and stage points, I came up with 10.6x+ HF for all stages. Throw out stage 15 which everyone didn't shoot and the HF avg. is 10.7x. Take out the lowest standard stages HF and the avg. is 12+! You definately had to be on the trigger and make-up shots weren't worth it unless you called a miss instantly. I also found out it does not help to take makeup shots and hit noshoots.

Edited by HoMiE

Fun match, easy yet hard stages... Nice vid as well, we didn't have juice the first day and only got most of the stages the second :( Dang Confusing stage was named for me, I'll have to post it as a match screw up when I get the chance.

Congrats to all the winners :)

I couldn't figure out how to shoot that Confusing stage until I stepped back and noticed the powder burn marks on the ports from where most people were shooting from. OK, got it. But then I forgot I needed to reload before last 4 targets on right. :blink:

I couldn't figure out how to shoot that Confusing stage until I stepped back and noticed the powder burn marks on the ports from where most people were shooting from. OK, got it. But then I forgot I needed to reload before last 4 targets on right. :blink:

I knew how to shoot it :wacko: I ended up in the wrong port and instead of moving to the right one, started shooting anyways... :rolleyes: I think I was the comic relief for the squad during that 25 seconds... :surprise: you can hear them all laughing in the background on video :P

Edited by Franksremote