Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack - Blade-Tech DOA Holster 1911

Joseph796

No, the holster has to carry the front strap above the belt.

20 Holster restrictions •Suitable for everyday use. “Race gun” type holster

prohibited.

•Must carry pistol so that the entire front strap (to the

trigger guard) is at or above the top of the belt.

Female shooters must carry the pistol no lower than

the heel of the butt at the top of the belt.

•May not be manufactured or cut lower than, and

must cover the slide up to, ½” below the ejection port

(belt slide “Yaqui” type holster exempt).

No, the holster has to carry the front strap above the belt.

20 Holster restrictions •Suitable for everyday use. “Race gun” type holster

prohibited.

•Must carry pistol so that the entire front strap (to the

trigger guard) is at or above the top of the belt.

Female shooters must carry the pistol no lower than

the heel of the butt at the top of the belt.

•May not be manufactured or cut lower than, and

must cover the slide up to, ½” below the ejection port

(belt slide “Yaqui” type holster exempt).

Thank you!

Both the Tek-Lok and StingRay brakcets are fine on a Blade Tech holster for Single Stack, but the DOH bracket makes it sit too low for men to use legally. I think the DOH may be legal for the lady folk, but they'd have to check to make sure - see rules sited above from USPSA rule book.

Edited by Krautwagen

• 4 months later...
So would a Stingray with just an offset spacer be legal as long as the front strap is above the belt? Some us shapely challenged shooters need some space.

Chuck,

to the best of my knowledge you'd just have to comply with the 2" from the inside of the belt requirement.....

....and that's a little different from the old 2" to the body requirement....

Both the Tek-Lok and StingRay brakcets are fine on a Blade Tech holster for Single Stack, but the DOH bracket makes it sit too low for men to use legally. I think the DOH may be legal for the lady folk, but they'd have to check to make sure - see rules sited above from USPSA rule book.

It is. Appendix D, #20: "Female shooters must carry the pistol no lower than the heel of the butt at the top of the belt"

I looked this up prior to Xmas as I was wanting to get Mrs.2MoreChains a better holster. She likes it, and it meets the above rule. No more having to kink her body to the left to clear her ribs (and other parts).

So would a Stingray with just an offset spacer be legal as long as the front strap is above the belt? Some us shapely challenged shooters need some space.

Chuck,

to the best of my knowledge you'd just have to comply with the 2" from the inside of the belt requirement.....

Nik.. what's the main difference here?

Chuck,

If you're carrying a good bit of spare tire around your middle --- you had a little more leeway under the old rules, as the measurement was from the inside of the grip to the shooter's torso, which was often closer than the inside of the belt, by a skosh.....

Chuck I too am a shapley shooter and made a spacer that is 1/4" thick and is 100% legal.

Had George Jones look at it during our RO class. from gun to inside belt on CR Speed is 1-15/16".

I have a couple of the Blade-Tech's, but no spacers to angle the grip out, are they available, who has them, and can I get some?

It's often a matter of longer screws and some sort of rubber washers or tubing --- not unlike the washers you wind in blade-Tech's mag pouches....

If you're carrying a good bit of spare tire around your middle --- you had a little more leeway under the old rules, as the measurement was from the inside of the grip to the shooter's torso, which was often closer than the inside of the belt, by a skosh.....

Some of us have more than a "skosh" around the middle after the holidays Nic! :cheers: (as you know, light beer is not too popular in Bavaria & its out right banned in the in-law's house).

The old rule of 2" from the torso was fair but 2 inches from the inside of the belt is pretty discriminatory. Why was the rule changed? It would only hurt those that have that spare tire. I wasnt aware of this rule change and am not too happy about it. Is there a good reason that i dont see?

Now we need some type of shield that goes inside the belt so we can draw the gun without issues.

Who does this stuff without thinking?

Is it just in Single Stack or is it in every division now?

The old rule of 2" from the torso was fair but 2 inches from the inside of the belt is pretty discriminatory. Why was the rule changed? It would only hurt those that have that spare tire. I wasnt aware of this rule change and am not too happy about it. Is there a good reason that i dont see?

Now we need some type of shield that goes inside the belt so we can draw the gun without issues.

It's every division. There's a good reason for the change --- it sets up a consistent measurement that can be taken whether or not the shooter is wearing the belt at the time.....

There was quite a bit of discussion about this rule change during the time the proposed rules were being discussed on the USPSA forums --- in part because the initial proposal had a much tighter limit for distance from the belt....

It's every division. There's a good reason for the change --- it sets up a consistent measurement that can be taken whether or not the shooter is wearing the belt at the time.....

There was quite a bit of discussion about this rule change during the time the proposed rules were being discussed on the USPSA forums --- in part because the initial proposal had a much tighter limit for distance from the belt....

Wow. So now those of us with the spare tire challenge have to deal with guns sticking us in the sides and the safety issue of grabbing shirts instead of all gun or just not play. I dont really like doing things in spite of rule but I guess i will have to and see where it leads.

Wish i had known about this when it was being discussed , I would have bent a few ears. I had more faith in our leadership and I was wrong. Does anybody know if there was a breakdown vote on these individual rules?

Anybody make a device to get around this rule? To move the belt out away from the body since that is the new measuring point.

Wow. So now those of us with the spare tire challenge have to deal with guns sticking us in the sides and the safety issue of grabbing shirts instead of all gun or just not play. I dont really like doing things in spite of rule but I guess i will have to and see where it leads.

Wish i had known about this when it was being discussed , I would have bent a few ears. I had more faith in our leadership and I was wrong. Does anybody know if there was a breakdown vote on these individual rules?

Anybody make a device to get around this rule? To move the belt out away from the body since that is the new measuring point.

There is a silver lining in this dark cloud. Those of us whose gut pushes our magazines out are now OK. You can measure that distance with the belt off if there is any question about it.