Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where Are The Scores?

DJPoLo

Cool <_< But, the scores and lots of free copies were available at the event Sunday AM before the awards.

And! the scores were up at the match hotel Saturday night.

B) I had one new Jr shooter that was very happy with seeing them that night

I thought the transition was very smooth with plenty of rumors set to rest. :bow:

The Family reunion atmosphere was intact, and, my brothers and sisters got to see me at my best and my worst.

Maybe next year we could post a photo of the score sheets Saturday night :cheers:

this year I was way too tired to hold up a camera :wacko:

Edited by AlamoShooter

Maybe next year we could post a photo of the score sheets Saturday night

They woulda been up on the SC website Saturday night (and Friday night, and Thursday night) if I'd had a place to put them. Unforeseen glitch, I "assumed" there would be a destination for me to upload them to.

Won't happen again. Sorry!

B

Maybe next year we could post a photo of the score sheets Saturday night :cheers:

No, maybe next year USPSA will have their act together and treat the Steel Challenge with the same respect and timeliness that they do for USPSA events.

-Chet

ETA: And before I get a bunch of PMs assuming otherwise, I am A HUGE supporter of USPSA acquiring the Steel Challenge and I have offered my support to the USPSA staff in any way that I can. I just feel that the public posting of scores should have been an easy thing that USPSA could have brought to the table to "upgrade" an (already) almost perfect shooting event.

Edited by DJPoLo

maybe next year USPSA will have their act together and treat the Steel Challenge with the same respect and timeliness

Maybe so.

And maybe you'll have as much appreciation for our efforts there as you do here.

:ph34r:

I personally believe that if USPSA were to make "SCSA" a separate, fee-required membership for USPSA members, it will quickly die on the vine.

There aren't enough local shooters that only shoot steel, and little motivation for local USPSA shooters to join such a thing-- there are plenty of local steel matches that don't require membership of any sort and any attempt to quelch those (via copyright or trademark actions or whatever) will be met with major resistance. Truthfully, SCSA membership and benefits has been largely non-existent for years. Perhaps a classification system could help that, but using the SC stages as classifiers would make the system very easy to reverse-engineer.

IMO they should roll SCSA and USPSA memberships into the standard 'USPSA' membership and have a separate 'SCSA-only' member with less benefits. Then those that don't care to play USPSA have a lower-cost option and the USPSA members automatically get both. Figure out how to split the Front Sights so only the SCSA-related issues go to the SCSA-only members.

No, maybe next year USPSA will have their act together and treat the Steel Challenge with the same respect and timeliness that they do for USPSA events.

You're right about the timeliness of results, and I am confident this will be addressed in 2009.

I believe you are completely off base with the allegation that the single glitch in the process, posting scores on-line on Wednesday rather than Sunday indicates some sort of a "lack of respect" for the Steel Challenge on the part of USPSA.

I believe you are completely off base with the allegation that the single glitch in the process, posting scores on-line on Wednesday rather than Sunday indicates some sort of a "lack of respect" for the Steel Challenge on the part of USPSA.

In hindsight, I agree with you and my wording should have been less emotionally-fueled.

The point that I was trying to make was that Steel Challenge is a fantastic competition that will undoubtedly benefit from USPSA staff support.

The sole weak point that I have seen with SC is the timeliness of results postings. I have seen USPSA time and time again post nightly results for Area and National matches and was hoping that we would see the same timeliness for SC.

I know from personal communications with those involved that we will see that in the future. :cheers:

-Chet

In hindsight, I agree with you and my wording should have been less emotionally-fueled. :o REally

-Chet

Cool B) I was concerned that the kids were sick and you were not getting any sleep ;)<_< I may stuff you the the truck and make you go with us next year

I know you could do a great training video with some of the strategies on stage plans.

Edited by AlamoShooter