Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tweaking my 625

colbyjack

well went up to Joes site member Pappaj today. we tinkered with my 625, getting it ready for the IL IPSC sectional. we polished up on the trigger surfaces. tuned the action a touch, and desided to make it my own.... i wanted the JM gone and JR for jerry rigged on it. but that didnt work out so we gun koted it black and polished the cylinder. it looks very nice, the action is smooth and the DA pull is around 5 pounds 3oz. going to go make sure its sited in this week and run it in a match sunday the 24th. if all goes to plan shes ready to rock and the IL sectional is the 31st. getting excited to shoot already. heres a couple pics for ya.

625redone003.jpg

625redone005.jpg

625redone007.jpg

-chris

Very interesting. What kind of front sight? Is it squared off on top or round? I had a round top Hi-Viz on a Glock and I could not hold for elevation at long range. Is it pinned? I'm thinking about getting a fiber optic or SDM gold bead but I have not yet been able to see or try anything with a gold bead.

Dave Sinko

Nice looking gun, Chris.

David - I have a HiViz on a 686 that looks just like that one, except red. Mine is pinned, and that one appears to be. IMHO - The round top can make longer shots a little more difficult, but not too bad, especially considering we don't shoot at long distances very much in USPSA matches.

Edited by chemepharmd

joe site member pappaj did the finish. its gun kote satin black i believe. the grips are the houge big butt i think the guy here local has them for $75ish tax included. the front site is just the green hiviz from brownells, think it was like $35ish. its the normal push in site that fits the JM model. its the square top site. i really like the 2 tone, but hope to polish the cylinder more and more.

ill ask the guy here for sure how much they are for sure on the grips and what models he has to fit what guns.

if ya need a gold bead front site that fits the JM model, i got mine id sell ya. PM me for details.

ya guys got me hooked on this wheel gun stuff. -chris

Great lookin' gun Chris!

Those grips are for Bianchi Cup shooters so when you go prone you can plant em on the ground. They look good on anything though.

I have a set and really like them. I know you will enjoy shooting that gun a lot! Best of Luck!

Great lookin' gun Chris!

Those grips are for Bianchi Cup shooters so when you go prone you can plant em on the ground. They look good on anything though.

I have a set and really like them. I know you will enjoy shooting that gun a lot! Best of Luck!

The grips may have been designed for Bianchi Cup, but I've found them extremely handy in USPSA competition. Has a similar advantage to a big magwell on a limited or open gun. The outside (bottom) of my weak hand presses firmly against the front of the big butt, which helps with controlling the gun.

Trying....to....restrain....

The Hogue grips are what I have also, and I really like them.

Wasn't there a song a few years back - "I like --- ----"? Lots of people must fit this category. Every new shooter at the range can't resist asking about them :lol: . Couldn't resist.

Trying....to....restrain....

The Hogue grips are what I have also, and I really like them.

Wasn't there a song a few years back - "I like --- ----"? Lots of people must fit this category. Every new shooter at the range can't resist asking about them :lol: . Couldn't resist.

right heres the shootin video and the song your talking bout.... :P made this for Mike... lol only wheel guner i could think of when i was making the video from enos.. :cheers:

Edited by colbyjack

Guys, those are Hogue rubber big butt grips. They are in the catalog now, and you can buy them from Hogue. Bob Perdue (slflr) usually has them in stock also, you might want to check with him first.

How do I contact Bob Perdue (slflr)?. I am also interested in the

Hogue oversized cylinder release. And while I am at it I need to

purchase a revovlver speed holster. I have a 625 and the 627 pro.

are the grips interchangable between them?