Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WV State IDPA match! History in the making

Steve Moneypenny

The WV State IDPA championship may very well have just made history. It was a very good 10 stage match with one indoor and 9 outdoor stages. It included strong hand, weak hand, free style stages (most of them from concealment) some akward positions i had not shot from before (that says a lot with my experience) 2 stages including prone, one that required a roll over from prone. Things that aren't often tested in shooters but are good solid skills to make a well rounded pistol shooter.

Match director Lew Siccorsi and Tom Halvassa ( assistant MD wether given that title or not) did a great job with the logistics only one stage had a small back up and that stage even finished ahead of schedule.

Official results are not up yet. but a new upstart IDPA shooter James Meyers took the SSP division now the scarry and possibly historical fact He shot the match CLEAN! 0 down for the entire match, Which included many hard cover targets and one mover that was quick! Besting the largest field of masters in the match including myself (2nd place) and Aaron Roberst ( of team blackwater) third. To top all of this off James was too nice of a guy to even hate... guess i'll have to work on my accuracy 26 points down ( which included a miss on the swinger and one into hard cover)

One final note. There is a newly minted Lady master she was moved up by winning SSP Expert division!!! I'm not sure if that has ever happened before either.

Thanks to Lew and all of the match staff, and as an SO thanks to all of the shooters for being patient with us on a somewhat slow moving stage.

a new upstart IDPA shooter James Meyers took the SSP division now the scarry and possibly historical fact He shot the match CLEAN! 0 down for the entire match, Which included many hard cover targets and one mover that was quick! Besting the largest field of masters in the match including myself (2nd place) and Aaron Roberst ( of team blackwater) third. To top all of this off James was too nice of a guy to even hate... guess i'll have to work on my accuracy 26 points down ( which included a miss on the swinger and one into hard cover)

-0 :surprise: Congrats!

James pushed me to "1st loser" at this years MD State match. Unfortunately due to time crunch and being in the middle of moving I had to shoot w/ the staff and did not get to meet James (I was supposed to work that match, too, but couldn't). IIRC he shot very few points down there, too.

[i made a LOT of mistakes at that match, had been travelling until late the night before. Almost didn't even go... regardless had I not made the goofs I had, James still would have bested me. I think he was 10 seconds or so faster in the final score! Gave me a good schooling in the importance of points, though! :cheers: ]

-rvb

Edited by rvb

Mr. Meyers has been handing my butt all year also. I think he has won most accurate shooter in every match he has entered and now has figured out how to do it faster. He is a heck of a nice guy, I too wanted not like him but it is pretty much impossible if you ever talk to him. I gave up and decided I would try and figure out how to help him (at least that way I can say I had something to do with it) hopefully by IDPA nationals we will have him shooting a M&P.

He is on a mission this year and I am certain he will accomplish it.

Official results are not up yet. but a new upstart IDPA shooter James Meyers took the SSP division now the scarry and possibly historical fact He shot the match CLEAN! 0 down for the entire match.

-0 Congrats! :surprise:

sounds like the win was well deserved...O down/along with DC is something to behold...GOOD JOB!!!

Good to see you around Flex. We were talking about that He said he has won an insane number of glocks ( in the high 20's) and he's only been really shooting for a couple of years. Looks like you need to get your butt on the ball man hitt a couple Glock matches rake in free guns!

yeah that's what we were talking about after the IDPA match it's an awesome match... where else can you go, Shoot and even have the possibility of walking away with $700-800 in cash and prizes?

Hopefully he will sign up as a member here, I told him this would be a great place to sell stuff he got off the prize table. And that there were a lot of great shooters and even better people on here!

Old logic ... it was before people had glocks with 2.5 pound triggers and people thought the Double Action shot slowed things down. since IDPA's invention look at the absolutely amazing strides shooters have made.

When i started and was trying to make master... the "norm" was a 2.00 failure drill.... a one guy did one in 1.36 and everyone was amazed sayign it couldn't be toped i've done them in low 1.2's and I am not even fast. So times change. I think they should all be dropped to about 80 for master.... or another greater than master classification. .. like PTMWG class.. (plays too much with guns)

When i started and was trying to make master... the "norm" was a 2.00 failure drill.... a one guy did one in 1.36 and everyone was amazed sayign it couldn't be toped i've done them in low 1.2's and I am not even fast.

Man, I knew I needed practice, but damn. I'm a newly minted SSP MA, and 1.2 is how long it takes me to make just a headshot at 7 yards, let alone throw two -0 bodies on there beforehand.

That IS standing there working drills pretty hard. Not on demand by any means. I can run them 1.6 ish if i'm warmed up.....

The good thing is work on other stuff and those little things will coem along.. I went from a 1.9 to about 1.5 (all warmed up just repeating the drill) without even pacticing THAT drill.

• 4 weeks later...