Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stackmag holders?

Hello: I am using the Uncle Mikes doubles right now in Single Stack and I am looking for something better. I am looking at the Safariland 771's and 773's and also the Comp Tac beltfeed. I did I search and could not find if the Beltfeed was really legal ;-) Let me know. Thanks, Eric

Not sure about the belt feed for Sstk, but it is legal in Production. I am using the 773s. I tried the belt feed in Production and didn't really like it. Seem to be too congested when going for the mags. YMMV

I see a couple guys around here running the belt fed. I thought it was legal for SS but not for production do to the measurement rule? Anyway, I had one for my XD, and sold it as, like others have said, it was to congested. I have 6 pouches with one in the gun. For local matches I ususally don't need that many but for majors I go with it and I've needed 5 off my belt....field....of.....steel....A6.

Oh I use Comp-tac.

Edited by steel1212

Safariland mag pouches in Brian's Store (clickity for info)

I get the 771's and 773's confused. Brian give a description on those in his web store. He prefers one type for his double-stack mags, and the other for his single-stack mags.

Note: there was (just recently) a Safariland gift certificate for sale in the classified section.

Hello: I use the 771's for limited(open front and the 773's for Limited 10/production. I just thought it may make things closer to hand by using the beltfeed but don't want to end up grabbing 2 mags instead of just one. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I am using the Uncle Mikes doubles right now in Single Stack and I am looking for something better. I am looking at the Safariland 771's and 773's and also the Comp Tac beltfeed. I did I search and could not find if the Beltfeed was really legal ;-) Let me know. Thanks, Eric

The Belt Feed is legal for both Production and Single Stack. The measurement is to the inside edge of the farthest mag and even double-stack mag bodies make it within the rules pretty easily.

I have a Belt Feed that I use in SS and think it's awesome. It might be a bit more crowded with hi-caps, but I still think it'd be okay unless you have really large hands/fingers. I run a single pouch or two behind it and a barney in my rear pocket and have never come close to running out. I will say that for pure speed you can be a little tricky with the BF where you can't as much with some others. For short stages like classifiers, you can put mags in just the outboard pouches on the BF and throw a spare or two in the singles or your pocket. That leaves lots of room around the mags in the BF and they're a bit farther away from your body, so it's a tic faster.....gaming yes, but fun :devil: It's great for classifiers where you're doing static reloads, but it probably won't help much when you're on the move.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I also use the belt feed for limited 10, SS and 3 gun. I like the fact that it doesn't use up alot of belt space. I'm only a lonely C shooter but don't seem to have any problem making my reloads with it, although it's what I started with so maybe that has something to do with it.

Bill

• 3 months later...
Ok, here's a dumb question. Can Glock 773's be modified to run SS ??

I guess... If you're handy enough to device a shim for the inside the pouch that would reduce its width to single stack dimensions. A lot of work to end up not using the right tool for the job, if you ask me.