Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon round counter "Prototype"

my_counter_0101.JPG

my_counter_0105.JPG

my_counter_0107.JPG

my_counter_0108.JPG

my_counter_0109.JPG

I attached the switch with double sided tape at the powder bar slider, I really want it to be on the crimp die or the actual slide before the bin. Cost me about $6.00: counter is free from my son, he got it as a prize at school. switch at radio shack .. and some old wires.

Edited by kuletchi1
format pics to screen

I attached the switch with double sided tape at the powder bar slider, I really want it to be on the crimp die or the actual slide before the bin. Cost me about $6.00: counter is free from my son, he got it as a prize at school. switch at radio shack .. and some old wires.

Do you have pics of the rear of the pedometer for the wiring?

Do you have pics of the rear of the pedometer for the wiring?

Here you go.

IMG_3213.JPG

IMG_3214.JPG

. Now to find the counter? Target,Walmart perhaps? Thanks, Eric

Either, both.. check the workout aisle with pictures of buff-people-you'll-never-see-at-Wal-Mart on the boxes.. The only tricky part is soldering to the switch contacts inside the pedometer-- those things are built cheap and it's a little tricky without a good soldering iron.

cool place to put it. Mine was on the crimp die, which isn't so good with a Lee FCD. Here's how I did that: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=393191

That's a good one Shred! I was planning of going your route as well as the bin drop location. I originally want the original dillon counter, then I realize that price that they're going now. Hey guys, this setup only cost me $6.00, took 15mins to make. Now I have more money to take the family out and less time counting. You can use a calculator as well, you may find cheap calculator for $.99. You have to solder the "=" to a switch and remember to press +1 first before you begin.

Edited by kuletchi1

• 4 weeks later...

I had to run out to Waxxxxx and get started on this project.

I found a couple, just a shade darker then Dillon blue no less.. $6.00 each.

This is what I came up with on my 650s. One works off the powder measure, the other off the powder checker.

(Please bear with the fuzzy cell cam shots.. it is getting late)

post-6125-1219289441_thumb.jpg

post-6125-1219289464_thumb.jpg

Edited by maineshootah

• 2 months later...
I think this is what you are looking for: http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T9899

As well, it only counts loaded rounds down the chute, not just press cycles.

But it's not availible yet nor is the price set, as per that link. That's been up there for 2 or 3 months.

These guy are looking for free, cheap, percent off. :roflol:

Edited by RePete

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

so how are these still working? anyone here making them and selling them? id probably hurt myself with a soldering iron... lol -chris

Bump for a good question.

Guys I just bought digital pedometer at the Dollar Tree store. Yup, you guessed it, $1

The wire I had laying around and a switch from a broken Wii sports game attachment (it's a lever switch)

I connected mine at the powder measure like the OP. but I am working on a mod to count only completed rounds, (off of the round chute)

I'm going to get a better lever switch and mount it on the chute.

so how are these still working? anyone here making them and selling them? id probably hurt myself with a soldering iron... lol -chris

Bump for a good question.

Guys I just bought digital pedometer at the Dollar Tree store. Yup, you guessed it, $1

The wire I had laying around and a switch from a broken Wii sports game attachment (it's a lever switch)

I connected mine at the powder measure like the OP. but I am working on a mod to count only completed rounds, (off of the round chute)

I'm going to get a better lever switch and mount it on the chute.

That's the best way, IMO.

• 1 month later...