Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Dark Knight

Micah

I wish they would stop feeling the need to cram two villians into each movie.

All of the Burton Batman movies suffered because of doing that. Except the first one, which suffered because (among other things) it had Batman played by Mr. Mom.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riddler, I fear.

Probably not, Riddler was in Batman Forever along with Two Face.... Speaking of two face, with this latest film, the batman movies have a "crisis of infinite earths" thing going don't they? All though I for one would be happy to see that Val Kilmer thread of existence vanish...

Well, well...you may be right on this one...

Depp to play Riddler?

Most comic books have several renditions of the basic mythos. Usually aassociated with a godo run that someone doesn't want to be associated with ruining it. Also associated with someone running it into the ground. Joel Schumacher's batman will forever be his own. Chris Nolan definitely owns his version as well.

Also, don't think the producers know jack about who will be the next bad guy. Chris Nolan has in no uncertain terms demonstrated he knows what he is doing. He has also made it clear he will walk away if he isn't doing what he wants.

Another batman movie will be difficult to do in his universe. Everything in his version of batman is "real." There are no superpowers or supernatural so far. This seriously limits the number of Batman baddies you can field, and most of the one's left have Schumacher stank all over them still. Most of the other good and gritty badguys have a bit too much of the "super" in them, like clayface.

Or they might do like batman the animated series did, and start making some of their own bad guys. Like Dr. karl Rossum and his robots.

At this point, I doubt they have any idea what they are going to do next anyway.

Or they might do like batman the animated series did, and start making some of their own bad guys. Like Dr. karl Rossum and his robots.

Karel Capek came up with Rossum's Universal Robots in 1921. I didn't know the animated series had done a tribute to him. I will have to hunt that down. Thanks for the info.

-ld

There's still a few batman villians out there that could fit well into Nolan's style of making these movies.

Catwoman, Harley Quinn, and Black Mask come to mind.

Harley Quinn could possibly work really well in the next movie especially if they plan on bringing the joker back.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw it today and thought it was very good.I would have liked to have seen more of Heath Ledger's Joker though.As for the next villian anyone but Angelina Jole as Catwoman.She looks like a painted stick with lips and a rack.